The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Darkside Point Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Darkside Point Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akreder
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Darkside Point Question Reply with quote

Can a Wookie be given darkside points? I know they are to ferral to become Jedi.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can be given Dark Side Points, not just Jedi or Force Sensitives. It's just that they don't affect a non-Force-sensitive character nearly as much as a Jedi and they are much harder to get.

In my book, if a character, any character, commits an atrocity, he gets a Dark Side Point.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several other threads in this section of the forum that have beaten this topic fairly well to death. You might want to take a look at those, I think they cover the various angles very well.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bumped them up to the top for you, Akreder.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookiees can definitely get DSPs. As Gry said, anyone can get them for committing the appropriate actions; it's just easier for Force sensitives to get them than non-Force sensitives.

I've also never come across anything saying that Wookiees couldn't be Jedi. Where's this stated?
Of course, playing a Wookiee Jedi is definitely a challenge; both for reasons of emotional temperament and statistically. Wouldn't it suck for a Jedi to be limited as a Wookiee is in Perception, Intelligence and (to a lesser degree) Dexterity??
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't one of Chewies nephews become a jedi in the novels?

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his son, lobacca, or lowie becomes a jedi.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Aise
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike all wookiee jedi since wookiees are feral creatures to begin with and have alot of anger. I usually don't let my players play wookiees either since they don't role play well when they do, they just rip peoples arms off.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, it is hard for a wookie to be a jedi, and they have to work had to overcome their feral nature. And since the dark side is, by definition, accessing the raw power of the force, then using their strength like that will inherit them a DSP. so a wookie who does not roleplay their jedi heritage properly, will quickly become taken by the dark side.

Personally i would let wookies be jedi, but since their nature is more like the dark side, then it will be easier for them go get dark side points, and of course, i will tell them such ahead of time.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
true, it is hard for a wookie to be a jedi, and they have to work had to overcome their feral nature. And since the dark side is, by definition, accessing the raw power of the force, then using their strength like that will inherit them a DSP. so a wookie who does not roleplay their jedi heritage properly, will quickly become taken by the dark side.

Personally i would let wookies be jedi, but since their nature is more like the dark side, then it will be easier for them go get dark side points, and of course, i will tell them such ahead of time.

I have had several sucessful jedi wookies... one was a healer archtype, using the 'calming'; of healing to quell his rage/feralness. The other embraced it, and made a 'hunter' of sorts. Though he eventually did get 3 dsps.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
his son, lobacca, or lowie becomes a jedi.

Actually, Lowbacca is his nephew, but that's just pulling at straws.

I personally like the idea of Wookiees being Jedi, as it provides an opportunity for an excellent roleplayer to really shine, especially if they're proficient at writing or acting out the inner turmoil that can be going on as the Wookiee's natural tendency towards rage battles with the Jedi mandate for calm. It can make for EXCELLENT roleplaying.

Plus, as Wookiees are so in-tune with nature, it only seems natural to me that some of them would be strong in the Force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: