The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stopping the CU'DEGRAS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Stopping the CU'DEGRAS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Stopping the CU'DEGRAS Reply with quote

Ok. Let's say the pcs are after big baddie, who is in process of getting a (incert special type of person here) ready for sacrifice.. She (or he/it) is already tussed up, and out cold. Just as the pc's enter, they see him bringing down his sword (axe/dagger)... several shout out we shoot him.

Would that just go straight to init? Would he get any bonuses?
If they won, and shot, would they stand a chance of hitting her if they missed??
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether or not weapons are already drawn, size of the room, etc. If the PCs have weapons drawn, and its a relatively normal sized room (not a huge gallery-type) I wouldn't give the bad guy any bonuses. I might even penalize him if the PCs manage to distract him. Aside from that, straight initiative roll, and see if they pull it off.

If the PCs miss, they do have a chance to hit the girl, but not a high one. She's lying down prone, and the bad guy is standing (presumably) over her presenting a nice, big target. I myself would likely only have them hit her if their rolls fail AND they roll ones on the Wild Die.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the situation is as Masque surmised, then I completely agree with that advice. If not, it sounds like a situation ripe for FP use. PCs with a flair for dramatic heroism might try to shoot the blade out of the villain's hands or use the Force to snatch it from his grasp.

If the weapon is already on it's way toward the victim, we're talking a fraction of a combat round until it strikes. I would lean toward the taking of extreme measures (like FP use, some sort of Force Speed variant, slowing of time, etc.) to gain initiative and prevent the sacrifice.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
If the situation is as Masque surmised, then I completely agree with that advice. If not, it sounds like a situation ripe for FP use. PCs with a flair for dramatic heroism might try to shoot the blade out of the villain's hands or use the Force to snatch it from his grasp.

If the weapon is already on it's way toward the victim, we're talking a fraction of a combat round until it strikes. I would lean toward the taking of extreme measures (like FP use, some sort of Force Speed variant, slowing of time, etc.) to gain initiative and prevent the sacrifice.

Looking at the latter, where he is already bringing it down as they open the door/enter.. SO would that give him a init boost/bonus, that they would have to use FP's to overcome?
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so, unless you've got some really quick characters. Someone with speedy cyber implants or some such might justify a straight init roll against the guy with the blade. IMHO regular characters must employ extreme methods to stop the sacrifice already in progess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: