The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Vader's public title and the fate of Kamino?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Vader's public title and the fate of Kamino? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanion wrote:
Well said on both questions, KageRyu.

Thank you much. I based a lot of my conjecture off of old interviews with Lucas, circa the 80s. I intend to use a great deal of that info to flesh out my Fall of the Republic campaign.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun campaign!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Sounds like a fun campaign!

My players are enjoying it immensely, and we are still a good 5-10 years away from the start of the clone wars. Right now they are only begining to see that their are grander things going on around them, and catching the merest hints of what is to come. They are all being good sports too as far as player knowledge goes (not trying to gun down senator Palpatine). Even though my story line does not follow the Prequels, there is still a lot of information from the trilogy that is "Official" to my campaign.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're all having such a good time!
Dondoozat D. Jawa
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jedi Skyler"]"...And here, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Cloudy Skywalker. This is her twin brother, Stormy.

"Oh, and there's her uncle, Grey."

David Gerrold (the guy who wrote "The Trouble With The Tribbles" for Star Trek) wrote some humor for a Starlog magazine back in the '70s or early eighties. Gerrold wrote...

"Skywalker: An airboune prostitute."

...A friend, more leacherous than I, suggests it might have something to do Shimi's 'occupation' when owned by Gardulla.
Edj
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah -

Palpatine starts by sending out a snappy Imperial memo on flashy deathstar letterhead stating his adopted son, "Bob Vader" will be working in a command position with the Empire from now on.

"Bob" then starts showing up in black with the Emperor - a few early publicity shots, a couple meetings with high level military folks and there you go.

Think of him as a Star Wars equivalent of Uday Hussein (though still breathing as it were).

Palp'd only need to slap a ceremonial "Moff" on him to make him legit to the military and send him out to abuse his power. People who have busted their humps to climb the ladder will naturally be peeved - thus the backtalk from those more bold than wise, but most will rightly accept that this is the Emperor's kid and will do whatever he asks.

This also gives Vader the ability to run amok without too much restriction.

From a public standpoint, he is Lord Vader, relative of the Emperor. As rumors circulate, people might suspect he's posessed of a little of the typical unhinged lunacy that so often accompanies political nepotism, but that's mostly managed through careful media manipulation.

From an Imperial standpoint, he's the kid who was given the keys to daddy's business. Nobody is going to tell him off if they value their position - or, in this case, their life.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember where, but I read some months ago in an official thing (maybe it was The Essential Cronology) that Kamino and the cloning facilities were destroyed by Separatist Army near the end of Clone War.

¿Has anyone read that?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely. Sine the Kamino Clone Revolt shown in Battlefront II, which is considered cannon, takes place after the creation of the Empire.
Tejma_Muhog
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We know that Vader's name is known throughout the Galaxy, to rebels and citizens alike, and he has gotten notorious by the timeline of Episode IV. How he got that way is not described in detail.

I have this odd little memory that he is even known galaxy-wide as the Dark Lord of the Sith. Not sure where I got that -- perhaps a novelization of one of the OT films? -- but (needless to say) very few citizens would know what a Sith is, so to them it would just sound kinda wicked, like it sounded to us back before the Prequels and the EU.

Quote:
That would pave the way for Palpatine to have the monopoly on cloning technology, owning any and all advances made since they'd be working directly for him. It'd also take any suspicion away from him as far as his use of clones went.

And it would explain why some people would SUSPECT the stormtroopers are clones -- they'd remember the clone army of the Republic. You might even encounter the occasional gruff non-clone Republic warrior who has heard enough stormtroopers speak with "that accent" to know for sure that many or most (depending on the era) stormtroopers are indeed clones.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is:
"...Near the end of the Clone Wars, Kamino was attacked by the Mandalorian Protectors, who were acting under orders from the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The attacks left the cloning facilities in shambles, cutting off one of the Republic's primary sources of clone troopers"

Sources: The Official Star Wars Website (http://www.starwars.com) , The Star Wars Databank (http://www.starwars.com/databank/), Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (book version), Star Wars Insider Magazine 60, Star Wars: Republic - The Defense of Kamino (issue 50), Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds "
[excerpt taken from Star Wars Enciclopedia (http://www.cuswe.org/)]

So...¿is this an official thing, a canonical one...? I go mad with this terms :s
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the complete entry for Kamino in the Star Wars Databank, you'll see that it was indeed attacked by the Mandalorians, which greatly disrupted it's cloning capabilities. However they certainly didn't destroy Kamino or Tipoca City, for that matter. And 10 years after the Empire's creation, a small army of clones was created by the Kaminoan to try and fight the Empire's domination.

Here's the excerpt from the Official Site:

"... The planet was again the target of violence, as the fervent Mandalorian Protectors rained destruction upon a number of Kaminoan cities in a Separatist-backed Battle Legionnaire droid army attack that left the cloners reeling.

The emergent Empire nonetheless kept a strong presence on Kamino -- at the very least to keep the planet's valuable technology from falling into the wrong hands. Some Kaminoans, holding the Empire solely responsible for the Kamino's woes, began surreptitiously cultivating a liberation army of Kamino-loyal clones who would oppose the Empire. The resultant clone uprising, which occurred about a decade into the Empire's rule, was put down by the elite 501st Legion of stormtroopers..."

And this is what officially happened.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gry, very thanks for the correction, cause with it I can handle one continuity problem in my game Very Happy And, also, You make me think about an adventure Very Happy
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the RotS book there is a scene with Obi-Wan in town after dropping off Luke. I don't have the book any longer so forgive me if my retelling isn't perfect. I think he is watching the Lars care for Luke from a distance and the news in on in the background. He overhears them mention something about Vader right in the new and realizes Anakin survived. If he was mentioned there I'm guessing he was a pretty public figure.

Also the same book starts from the persective of a kid watching TV (or whatever they call it there) it is reporting on the kidnapping of the chanselor and the kid basically isn't worried because Obi-Wan and Anakin are so famous he knows all about them and knows they will rescue the Chanselor. So at least from that it seems they they know about him too. I would doubt that Anakin and Vader being the same person is every made public though.
Resh Kaska
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
And, as far as we know, "Skywalker" could be as common as "Smith" in the Star Wars Universe. Wink

Antillies appears to be. Laughing

Actually, Skywalker is supposed to be a very uncommon name, probably limited to Tatooine and rare even there. Antilles, I believe, has been cited by George himself to be a very common name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: