The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Damsel in Distress adventure block
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Damsel in Distress adventure block
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhilahd
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Damsel in Distress adventure block Reply with quote

So... I'm running a filler game this weekend. We're about 2 adventures into our new gaming group.
Ran Pirates of Prexiar as the first adventure(intro) and followed up with Tatooine Manhunt.

Now I'm planning on running Damsel in Distress from WotC and adapting it for d6.

Part of the storyline involves a datapad that has vital information for the Alliance.

And to be honest... I'm stuck on that. I can't get past it. I have a GM block and need help.

Its about 6 weeks ABY, the Alliance is swelling its ranks with the destruction of the Death Star and now the inclusion of Adar Tallon(see Tatooine Manhunt)in to its army, and for the life of me I can't think of anything.

Can someone spare a moment and help me out? In the very least, drop an idea or two that I can flesh out.

Thanks!!!
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which D20 book is your Damsel in Distress adventure hook?
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA-3PO wrote:
In which D20 book is your Damsel in Distress adventure hook?
Here it be.
Damsel in Distress seems pretty straightworward scenario. In fact it's too straightforward much like a lot of its free adventure pdfs.

There's no need for much stats conversion. Almost everything's a D6 stat way before this pdf was made. What you could do is add some more substantial NPCs into the fray.

Examples:

Asteroid miner/scout - he guides the PCs in through the asteroid field. He can start out helpful and nice. Act him out so the PCs really like the guy. Then put him in danger caused by the next NPC below, or a cave in. If PCs fail to save him for any reason, they should really feel bad.

An Imperial Intelligence Destab agent - when the PCs get aboard the Stellar Damsel, this guy rushes to them and tells them that Guro's an Imperial agent that sabotaged the ship and called in the Star Destroyer. (And what kind of a Sullustan name is Guro anyway... sounds like Guri, but it's not. Give him a better name like Bnemb Bavnee or Subant Qubb or something.)

A TIE fighter pilot defector - you obtain intel beforehand that a defection will be taking place soon and the code will be "greenish sabercat". During the escape out of the asteroid field, one of the TIEs fires on another and transmits the code to the PCs ("Sorry! If I lose this window, I'll never get another chance.") So now they also have to save the TIE pilot one way or another.

(And if the Destab agent gets off the field without his cover blown and the TIE pilot makes it aboard, let the pilot recognize the agent and have a stand off. The PCs will have to choose who to trust.)
jhilahd
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Hmmm.... adding NPC's is a nice touch. The benefit of leaving it as is, makes the pc's feel alone and on their own.

Destab agent... don't know that one, great idea though. And your right, what kind of name is Guro...must have been adopted.

I was really looking at what kind of intel could be important enough to risk a crew of that size. The alliance needs all of its ships.

I guess maybe I was over thinking the concept. The important events I think of are like, the Death Star, DSII, the Dark Trooper Project, the invasion of Hoth, the defection of Crix Madine, and the like.

I guess... the defection of another Imperial would be worth it. I mean, in our story Adar Tallon has just resurfaced. If others from that time period decided to assist the Alliance because of him, that might be cool too.

Especially someone from the 501st.
Or a Moff who decides to help, and brings his whole system with him.

For whatever reason, I think I am stumbling because I am going to be bringing in a young jedi, and can't think of a reason to bring her in. And when I add in this portion of this weeks game... I draw a blank.

Thanks, hisham.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it needn't even be something that big. Something important, but smaller scale, could be like plans for that new TIE Interceptor model the Empire's working on. A scouting report covering a number of new locations for the Rebel HQ. Anything that would be sensitive information, but not earth-shattering if a failure occured. The Alliance would definitely detail personnel to try and retrieve such information, or in the case of the scouting report, destroy the intel before it fell into Imperial hands. At least that way they could re-scout those locales without fear of the Empire breathing down their necks...
jhilahd
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I decided to go with a bigger idea. I'm leading this adventure into the Black Ice Module. The data pad will have information with regards to its location, security measures(some), and a suggested retreival procedure for the Alliance.

What I've done for my group so far, was a brief write-up of a meeting after their debriefing, with a cliff hanger. Basically...

Quote:
The debriefing had been short. Too short.
After handing over the recovered data pad from acting-Captain Guro Givel of the Stellar Damsel, Commander Praxtun was solemn. More so than normal. He listened to your verbal reports, and then asked Kex to hand in a written one as well.

That was less than an hour ago, and now... he has called you back into Vergesso Base ready room, and he is not alone.

"Ladies. Gentlemen. Please take a seat." he says as he indicates for the lights to be lowered.

"Your rescue mission of the Stellar Damsel, while disappointing she couldn't be recovered, was more helpful than you can imagine. R4, the screen please."

The red R4 unit beside the front project screen chirps in enthusiasm and lowers the lights, and projects the following image for you all to see.

"This, is the centrepiece of the Imperial replenishment fleet DK-209. The Black Ice. It is an enormous Field Secured Container Vessel, a cargo vessel roughly stretching the length of five Imperial I-class Star Destroyers. It consists of nine vast force-field spheres between her bow and stern tugs.

She could haul just shy of one billion metric tons of starship fuel cells, over a year's worth of fuel for a full Imperial battle fleet." he pauses.
"Imagine what it could do for the Alliance."

And that's where I've left it for my group. We won't be playing again until the second weekend of January. So I've left plenty of time for me to prepare and for them to post on our forums(see ezboards, nice, cheap, private) to help progress the story and their characters.

Thanks again for your suggestions and ideas. Helped me refocus, alot!

Thanks,
Jhilahd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: