The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shockball
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Shockball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darius
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Shockball Reply with quote

Hi. Does anybody know how the game shockball works in Star Wars ? If there isnt any stuff on it, does anybody think that they know what sport it emulates ?
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always figured it to be something like American Football, Soccer, Rugby and an electric chair... Very Happy

I read in a different series of books (by S. L Viehl) about "shockball" in her universe. It was just a basic overview... but the "shock" part of it comes in penalties: instead of taking time to assess penalties, the player is shocked... slightly more intense each time, for a maximum of 3 penalties...

I'm going from memory, but I'll see if I can't parse the information together, and give some better idea of how it works...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression it was more like basket ball, where the ball was charged (and therefore could shock you) if you went over the time limit or got beaned by it.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my impression also. Maybe it's related to Shockboxing?
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This according to the encyclopedia at www.theforce.net

Shockball
this was an athletic sport in which two teams try to pass a charged orb into their opponent's goal. They used insulated mitts to pass the orb, which generated a nasty shock when it touched exposed flesh.

Shockboxing
this sport pitted two combatants against each other in a ring. Both fighters wore specialized boxing gloves. The gloves delivered a random electrical charge when they hit an opponent, with the strength ranging from a light sting to a near-fatal jolt.

This is my favorite: (hehe!)

Nuna Ball
this sport originated on the planet Naboo, when Gungans started using a live nuna as a ball. When angered, a nuna would inflate its body to make itself look bigger. This round nuna was then carried by opposing teams toward their opponent's goal. The sport gained popularity after the Battle of Naboo, and entire leagues were founded on the basis of the sport.

LOL!

Scott
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott2978 wrote:

Nuna Ball
this sport originated on the planet Naboo, when Gungans started using a live nuna as a ball. When angered, a nuna would inflate its body to make itself look bigger. This round nuna was then carried by opposing teams toward their opponent's goal. The sport gained popularity after the Battle of Naboo, and entire leagues were founded on the basis of the sport.
Scott

Oh my players are defenitaly going to run into a game of Nuna Ball sometime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: