The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mandalorian Battle Armor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Mandalorian Battle Armor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Mandalorian Battle Armor Reply with quote

Does this armor double as a space suit? I was reading on someones webpage and they said that this armor has an environmental seal on it. This was obviously their own creation so I was wondering what every one else knows.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for very long, but yes. I do have some of Gry's stuff here at work, so from his Equipment Stats book:
Quote:
Sealed Enviro Filter: Filter system can block out harmful molecules, or in case of insufficient or deadly atmosphere, the suit can completely seal, drawing upon a two hour internal supply of oxygen.

Gry does give his sources:
Quote:
Source: Dark Empire Sourcebook (page 32), Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (pages 52-53), Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi (page 28 ), Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook SE (pages 65-66), The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (page 90), The Star Wars Sourcebook (page 141)

Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree taht mandalorian armour probably is space worthy. In KOTOR, Canderous says that he rode his basalisk war droid in space. I would assume that he wore his normal armour here, as I have never seen mandalorians without their armour (well, madalorians who were still part of the mandalorian army)!

Hope this helps Smile
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, I ended seeing some more info on Fett's Armor. I would like to know, why the mandalorians built armor with no leg protection.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As shown in the other recent thread, Mandalorian armor doesn't have a standard design. Boba Fett seems to have left off the leg armor, but Jango had it and various other Mandalorians have, as well.
DoubtBreak
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a pretty wide variety of Mandalorian armor styles, among the various eras. There's a decent article on the Mandalorians in Star Wars Insider #80, if you can get your hands on it. But a recent update from Wizards of the Coast includes stats for Basilisk war droids - a Mandalorian war vehicle/droid - which has an open cockpit and can fly in space. This suggests that some Mandalorian armor was vacuum-sealed (at least for the short-term).

Last edited by DoubtBreak on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoubtBreak
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose, just to play Sith's Advocate, the Basilisks could have been equipped with some kind of "atmospheric containment field" or whatever, possibly related to gungan hydro-static field technology, but I've never heard any mention of such a thing.
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would the user get a penalty to dex with the leg armor. For instance, I figure that most armor is 2D physical, 1D energy for protection, but if it has leg armor, would it move into -1D to dex catergory like most armor of the sort.
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suppose.

All the heavy armour (stormies, battle master) I've seen with leg armour has -1D dex. While non leg armour does not (protective vest). However, this could be due to armour density and placing on joints, along with comfort. If it just has leg armour, I can't see it making harder to shoot a blaster or throw a grenade. For whatever just leg armour is worth.

And I would think Boba's armour has no DEX penalty because he has experiance using it and he costomized it to his needs and abilities. If armour, however heavy, is made for just it's wearer, I'd say lift some of the DEX penalty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: