The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

STAR WARS Galaxies: An Empire Divided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> STAR WARS Galaxies: An Empire Divided Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you play SW Galaxies?
YES - I have played from Day 1 (and lived through the updates)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
YES - Now that NGE has gone live, its the SW MMO I have wanted
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
NO - I used to play it but the new update, NGE, spoiled it for me
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
NO - I have no interest in playing this game (for whatever reason)
66%
 66%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 24

Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Star Wars Galaxies when it came out... Fun game, you could do almost anything you wanted. No Jedis at all (besides NPC's) which is basically how it should be. I played my Twi'lek dancer/Teras Käsi master and I had an awesome time there roleplaying and helping my friends.

Then came the first Jedis and the game went MASSIVELY downhill from there. They played with balance, then introduced the combat upgrade (which was really stupid if you ask me) and shortly thereafter threw everything the game was about originally overboard when they put NGE online. I quit shortly after the combat downgrade since the game became ridiculed by itself.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing about 2 months after the game launched. I had a lot of fun even through the CU. However, the NGE killed the game for me. Maybe the reason I stuck with it so long is because I played a Twi'lek entertainer, so I wasn't much of a combat-head. Except for the space expansion, that was a blast.

I ended up putting together a band/dance troupe on the Tarquinas server called "Solar Flair" it was a lot of fun just goofing off and hanging out in the Star Wars galaxy. Even made a couple of music videos.

I wrote a short story about my character when I got deployed and had to go on hiatus from the game for about 5 months. Here's the linky if you want to read. http://www.geocities.com/absb941/SWG-Story.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: