The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How many total sectors are in the Star Wars Galaxy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> How many total sectors are in the Star Wars Galaxy? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I sat down and compared the list from the linked site to the list that I had compiled. A fair chunk matched up, and I had 5 that I think the linked site had misspelled. Those were:
Jurvex sector = which I have not found but have found the Juvex sector
Farkir sector = which I have not found but I do have the Fakir sector
Dali sector = which I have not found but I do have a Dail sector
Abrien sector = which I have not found but I do have a Abrion sector
Kess sector = which I have not found but I have found a Kessel sector

After all of the comparisons, not counting the five above, there were 47 sectors (after I eliminated the Corporate Sector Authority that was listed 3 times) that I did not have on my list. That would indicate, assuming the list is accurate at least on the quantity if not the spelling, that there are 175 sectors from my list, plus 47 non-duplicate sectors from the list, plus the 5 possibly misspelled sectors, for a total of 227 sectors!

As I mentioned before, I'm still compiling more information, so it's possible that the number of sectors could grow. So for now, the total is 227 and rising.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some more compiling. Unofficially, I'm up to 238 sectors. I can confirm well over half, but some I'm not sure where they came from.
Darius
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fragments from the Rim has a newsline called Sektor 242. It is named after the sector they are from (Sarin Sector, Outer Rim) which is also Sector 242.

In the novel Vision of the Future, the Empire is reduced to 8 sectors. Luke and Mara discover a map of the Unknown regions which covers about 250 sectors. Even if the Unknown regions is say only a third the size of the known galaxy, that would give you 750 sectors. At least.
Darius
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the unofficial sourcebook for the phantom menace says that their is 1024 senators, one for every sector.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darius wrote:
and the unofficial sourcebook for the phantom menace says that their is 1024 senators, one for every sector.

That's odd. I thought that the Senate had a Senator for every major system, not sector.

I think Wiki got it wrong. As Palpatine was the Senator from Naboo (system), not Senator from The Chommel Sector. Plus that Senate chamber looked like it held plenty more than 1,024 Senators...looked more than twice that.
Darius
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might depend on the importance of the world. naboo might warrant a senator for some reason whereas a few small unimportant worlds might get represented by their sector senator
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
I've done some more compiling. Unofficially, I'm up to 238 sectors. I can confirm well over half, but some I'm not sure where they came from.

I do so hope you are going to share your wonderful compilation with us all. It seems like you have gotten much further than I did with my attempt at Galaxy Mapping.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll be more than happy to share when I have it to where I feel confident it's "mostly done". I'm still finding and fixing contradictions and finding where this system or that sector or that planet and this nebula are located, so once I get that nailed down, I'll share with people what they want to know. Right now, though, I'm only sure of one thing....I've got a great big mess that I need to do a LOT of sorting out on. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: