The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Repulsorlift Versus Swoop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Repulsorlift Versus Swoop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a Swooper-Scooper, and the pilot goes around Scooping up after Troopers! Laughing

(Ok, corny, but I couldn't resist...)
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's what Crunch did on his Swoop. 'Cept it was cleaning up what the Limo didn't destory completely.

Yes, that's how bad @$$ the Far Orbit Fleet was. The *LIMO* was heavily armed!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What other way is there for a limo to be? 8)
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, had the campaign continued, we would have probably ordered "Command Limos" for the Far Orbit Fleet.

Less opulent, more firepower, slightly more armour, and a TON of communication equipment, holoboards, and a really big coffee machine.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smashing the universe in STYLE.
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were looking to replace our Rebel ULAVs (Or "@$$ Cannons" as we called them), and the Armoured Limos from the Corporate Sector Authority was the only speeders we deemed worthy of us.

And, again, this is the "Gods Of The Universe Campaign", price wasn't an option.

I figure that, if BlasTech was willing to sell that many, The Far Orbit Fleet would own almost controlling interest in it just in personal investments in it. That's not even taking into consideration the Far Orbit Corporation.
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a link with some more info about the Swoop Trooper:
http://www.rebelscum.com/soteKswoop.asp

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Loc!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always, and will always feel that Swoop operation belongs under Repulsorlift Operation. Every argument I read to the contrary strengthens my resolve because a precedent was already established with this skill. So, let me elaborate:

• Yes a swoop and a Landspeeder use different driving techniques, just as a car and a motorcycle. Using the car motorcycle analogy though, a speederbike handles and is driven differently than a landspeeder or a skiff as well, and would be driven more like a Swoop (as it is a relative of the swoop). Speederbike operation is under Repulsorlift Operation, and therefore, so shood Swoop Operation be.

• Yes, a swoop isn't just repulsorlift, it has Ion engines. So, too, do many airspeeders, and a few racing landspeeders. Airspeeders and racing landspeeders fall under Repulsorlift Operation, and so too should Swoop riding.

• Swoops are capable of extreme altitudes, some can even reach the upper stratosphere. Airspeeders too, can reach extreme altitudes based on their manufacture. Airspeeders fall under Repulsorlift Operation, so should Swoop riding.

The only argument made that gives any credence to a seperate skill is:

• The extreme speed and g-forces of a swoop can sometimes be too great for a human. Some swoops are supersonic. Special suites would be needed.

I feel this is insufficient to warrent a seperate skill altogether. Perhaps some stamina, dex, and strength rolls as speed increases... IMHO.

My two cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: