The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So much confusion!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> So much confusion! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argamoth wrote:
For #25, isn't there a starfighter engineering skill?

Yes, there are engineering skills. They tend to be advanced versions of the repair skill, sometimes requiring 5d in several diffrent skills before you can get the type of engineering skill involved.

But, tis all good.
to finance my 'vette!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: So much confusion! Reply with quote

Urhart the Fallen Angel wrote:
So many questions!
So many so manies!

1) Can a sarkan hold weapons in their tails?

No, the tails lack the dexterity to hold or use weapons. They may attack with a tail slap.

Quote:
2) Can a non-nohgri learn nohgri martial arts? (I've always played that they can)

Theoretically, anyone can learn it if they can find a teacher to teach it. The only specialized martial arts I would not allow other races to learn would be those that rely on specialized anatomy, which there seem to be no examples of in the base Star Wars universe.

Quote:
3) Does having two melee weapons have the same effect as having two lightsabers?

I treat dual melee and dual Lightsaber esentially the same. With MAPs and offhanded penalty one can either make two attacks, or full parry with one and attack with the other.

Quote:
4) Does stormtrooper armor have any weak spot?

In game terms, essentially, no. The armor is applied to all attacks. A GM might rule that on a close attack, a character might be able to hit the lightly armored neck, or drive a vibroblade between the plates, but that is theoretical.

Quote:
5) Can you call a shot twice, to get a more exact result?

Just call a more exact point when calling the shot. The penalties for called shots are highly based on the size and difficulty of the location being hit.

Quote:
6) What happens if a PC is part of a hive?

Generally, allowing Hive-race PCs is a bad idea. If it is allowed, come up with some reason why the PC is outcast from the hive. Alternatively, the PC may have to periodically make willpower rolls to resist the instruction of the hive (which will probably quickly mark him as an outcast and find him hunted by the hive). This could make for some very interesting story factors.

Quote:
7) Are Trandoshan listed in books? (I know that I've fought one once...)

They are in the Star Wars Movie Trilogy Sourcebook:Special Edition

Quote:
8 ) Don't Wookies and Togorians have martial arts?

Though some have been mentioned in EU sources, none are mentioned or presented in RPG stats.

Quote:
9) Does a staff have the same effect as a double blade lightsaber?

As in the +1D to parry, seems reasonable, and I have allowed it for some time.

Quote:
10) How can a sith or dark jedi gain Force points?

By spending force points to commit evil acts at dramatically appropriate times. By trusting to the dark side (though this must be used immediately).

Quote:
11) Does going to the dark side take effect at once?

Many GMs apply it immediately, and the R&E rules say that a check must be made every time a DSP is earned. I play be the classic 1st edition rules myself, where the check is performed at the end of the session. I also tend to have a character turned Dark Side just wander away from the PC group at first, his goals and theirs no longer being the same, then slowly get more evil and hostile.

Quote:
12) Are there rules for being an alchoholic?

No official rules are presented for alcoholism, addictions, or dependancies of any kind. These are left to the province of the GM. Though, a quick house fix would be to say that if the character is suffering from withdrawal he starts to acrue penalties that worsen until he completely DTs. There are many other game systems with elaborate rules for such, and they could serve as reference for importing such rules.

[quot]13) If you earn a force point by saving someone do you lose a dark side point?[/quote]
While there are GMs who play this way, I say no. You should not be allowed to simply "buy off" the dark side points. It makes it far too easy to attone in that fashion. A character attoning must show that he is willing to change his ways to attone. This is a rich roleplaying experience for player and GM alike to explore.

Quote:
14) What sort of skill is nohgri martial arts? ((S) (A) regular)

The answers to this can be found in the Thrawn Trilogy sourcebook or the Dark Force Rising sourcebook under the Nhogri.

Quote:
15) Why don't I know any of this?? Embarassed

I don't know.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some more for you brilliant guys.

16) Can a creature with four arms (like an Ebranite) get an extra bonus for attacking with four melee weapons or lightsabers?

Since there are a few (very few) races with four arms that state they get a free extra action due to four arms, I would consider this reasonable. However, every action after the second should have full MAPs.

Quote:
17) Is there any actual bouns for attacking with two blasters?

Well, as stated, you have the multi-action penalty. However, you do get both shots simultaneously. This can make a big diference.

Quote:
18) Why isn't Grenade under thrown weapons? followup: If you throw a rock, is the skill under grenade? (Grenades are weak!)

I agree with Loc Taal's assesment, even though it is unofficial. With grenades you need to know the arming and priming, etc. I feel rocks, spheres, balls, should be under the thrown weapons skill myself. Though others have also pointed out suitable reasons why they aren't due to the nature of how they are thrown.

Quote:
19) Is a firearm's damage physical?

Absol-fraggin-lutely. Unless using some bizarre sci-fi round that converts to energy...possibly a trillium round Razz

Quote:
20) If an amanin is hit by a deathstar weapon, do they die automaticly, or wre they mortally wounded?

Redundant anatomy has it's limits, and this far surpasses them. As would a turbolaser INMH, and most likely a thermal detonator.

Quote:
21) Where do I get these ideas?

Possibly too much free time? I suffer from that.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more...

22) does a wookiee berzerker rage effect the melee weapon damages?

Nope, the berserker rage only affects the strength for brawling. Often, a wookie would discard a melee weapon when enraged, as the rage takes over. This is also a bad time to burn a Force Point, as you are in the grips of anger.

Quote:
23) does point blank range imidiately destroy something of a scale (for example, does a shooting a X-Wing with a hold out blaster from hlaf an inch away damage the engine)?

Range really doesn't affect the damage, and you still need to penetrate the ships hull. I might allow an automatic damage if, say, the access pannels on the engine were open, allowing you to shoot the vital inards... or shooting into an open canopy to smash up the sontrols.

Quote:
24) if a wookie slashes some wire with their claws does it count as making them an outcast?

The outcasting only happens if a wookie uses the claws in combat, as this is considered dishonorable.

Quote:
25) is there a skill for inventing weapons and ships? (I've always played that it is an advanced skill to come up with the plans.)

Yes. There are numerous advanced skills scattered throughout various sourcebooks, adventure books, and NPC stats. Among them are:
Droid Engineering - Designing new droids
Starship Engineering - Designing new starships
Starfighter Engineering - Designing new fighters
Repulsorlift Engineering - Designing new repulsorlifts
Capital Ship Engineering - Designing new capital ships
Computer Engineering - Designing new computer systems
Weapons Engineering - Designing new weapons
Armor Engineering - Designing new armor
From these we can ectrapolate others as well.

Quote:
26) can somebody teach themslf force skills?

Officially, no. Theoretically, yes. The description of the quixotic Jedi in Second edition R&E supports that someone can learn the force through self exploration. It makes sense when you think about it, as there had to be a first. I would not make it so easy as learning an advanced skill, it would be a long, arduous, difficult task that had to show the would be force users dedication to the force (yes, I have house rules for this, and have had them for some time). If anyone's interested, let me know.

Quote:
27) can normal people create lightsabers?

Yes. EU material and notes support that they can. It isn't easy, and the parts are hard to get. It may not work for a Jedi as a Jedi constructed saber does, as it would not be force imbued or harmonized.

Quote:
28) Is there any way to create force skills?

Only through talking with the GM and agreeing to allow it.

Quote:
29) do heavy people get any way to deal more damage from jumping or landing on their opponent?

Yes, but limited.

Quote:
30) Am I too imaginative?

Nope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: