The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GAR vs Galactic Empire, Who would win?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> GAR vs Galactic Empire, Who would win? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who are the political entities to deal with in that situation?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:

Not sure I understand this question. Who are the political entities for who to deal with in which situation? Do you mean "who are the political entities for both the GAR and the Empire to deal with in the 'GAR vs Galactic Empire' situation?" I would expect the answer to that question would be all the relevant political entities in the Star Wars Galaxy who could conceivably render aid to either side. Which would be all of them.

After all, everything is politics.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

Not sure I understand this question. Who are the political entities for who to deal with in which situation? Do you mean "who are the political entities for both the GAR and the Empire to deal with in the 'GAR vs Galactic Empire' situation?" I would expect the answer to that question would be all the relevant political entities in the Star Wars Galaxy who could conceivably render aid to either side. Which would be all of them.

Yeah but if the two of them are fighting the polities have changed in the 30 years normally separating them. Whose political reality do we play under?

Also I am unfamiliar with the politics in Star Wars. Apparently Jabba is elevated to a level of power which I find irreconcilable with what we saw in ROTJ.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:

Sutehp wrote:

TauntaunScout wrote:
Yeah but if the two of them are fighting the polities have changed in the 30 years normally separating them. Whose political reality do we play under?

Oh now I see what you're saying. Yes, you're absolutely right that the galactic political situation during the Clone Wars was different from the political situation that occurred 20 years later when the Empire was at its peak. So which political situation should apply in a hypothetical matchup between the GAR and the Empire? That is a very good question.

TauntaunScout wrote:
Also I am unfamiliar with the politics in Star Wars. Apparently Jabba is elevated to a level of power which I find irreconcilable with what we saw in ROTJ.

Well, the Outer Rim has a reputation for being rather lawless (being as far from the "civilized" Core Worlds as you can get can have that effect), so it's not surprising that Jabba might have established himself as filling the political vacuum since law enforcement on Tatooine is basically nonexistent (with maybe the minor exception of the local Imperial garrison, which as I understand it is relatively tiny, even for a backwater like Tatooine). Jabba does basically whatever he wants and no one in the vicinity of Tatooine can stop him. As for how far his political power goes in terms of his criminal empire, I can't say. Tatooine may look so very far from Hutt Space on a map o the galaxy, but the movies show that using hyperspace to get across the galaxy can be done in just a few hours, so distance might not be that much of a factor in maintaining a galactic criminal empire. (To see what I'm talking about, watch TLJ again and see how Finn and Rose go from the southern part of the galaxy all the way north to the Corporate Sector and back to the Resistance fleet in less than a day. It seems like hyperspace makes it easier to cross the galaxy than it is for us in the present day to drive across the United States.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: