The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Solo Adventure Request
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Solo Adventure Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Solo Adventure Request Reply with quote

As some of you probably know, I'm assembling a sorta revised edition for my players to use (see my other thread here) and I would like to include a solo adventure (as in something similar to Cantina Breakout in the original RPG) for my new players to work through.

Does anyone have a solo adventure they've written or know of one that it would be ok for me to modify and include in my new rule write-up? I intend to republish it, modified for the new rules, as an example on this forum as well, so it would be good to be able to contact the original author and request permission.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean besides Scoundrel's Luck and Jedi's Honor? If you have access to either of those, they're pretty good. Barring that, just pare down any of the other published adventures so 1 player (and maybe an NPC) can run it.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already started work on a modified version of the original Cantina Breakout to use as an example for the rules. This is taking some time but it will probably be ok for my players. I was just wondering if there were any others that I might be able to use and if I decide to post the full write-up with all the modified rules included as examples, I would rather be able to seek permission of the original author before doing so. You can't really do that with the WEG stuff Sad
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Solo Adventure Request Reply with quote

cunning_kindred wrote:
As some of you probably know, I'm assembling a sorta revised edition for my players to use (see my other thread here) and I would like to include a solo adventure (as in something similar to Cantina Breakout in the original RPG) for my new players to work through.

Does anyone have a solo adventure they've written or know of one that it would be ok for me to modify and include in my new rule write-up? I intend to republish it, modified for the new rules, as an example on this forum as well, so it would be good to be able to contact the original author and request permission.

Pel wrote:
You mean besides Scoundrel's Luck and Jedi's Honor?

Those are not solo RPG adventures that use game mechanics. Those are just "chose your own adventure" books. Choices, but no dice rolling.

cunning_kindred, here are some solo adventures besides R&E's Cantina Breakout to possibly adapt:

Station Visit - D6 Space
Escape Pod Down - AIG & REUP
Assault on Edan Base - AIG (group adventure)
Regina Cayli - SWRPG1e p.17-23 / SWAJ1 154-171
The Void Terror - BotSWAJ 127-134
Crimson Jailbreak - SWAJ5 p. 154
Imperial Double-Cross - IDC (This is its own book.)
Ruins of Kabus-Dabeh - TotJC
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Station Visit - D6 Space
Escape Pod Down - AIG & REUP
Assault on Edan Base - AIG (group adventure)
Regina Cayli - SWRPG1e p.17-23 / SWAJ1 154-171
The Void Terror - BotSWAJ 127-134
Crimson Jailbreak - SWAJ5 p. 154
Imperial Double-Cross - IDC (This is its own book.)
Ruins of Kabus-Dabeh - TotJC

Thanks very much for this, Whill. I'm going to seek these out and have a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: