The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

"Han Solo Card Game"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> "Han Solo Card Game"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: "Han Solo Card Game" Reply with quote

"Play to win the Millennium Falcon!"

LARGE IMAGE

Quote:
The STAR WARS: HAN SOLO Card Game will challenge Jedi’s to think strategically to outwit their opponents. To play, players will draw cards in an effort to score as close to zero as they can to collect the most valuable bounty tokens. The player whose tokens add up to the highest value at the end of the game wins! If players take too many risks – they might lose, or they could win the Millennium Falcon token! Card game includes 62 HAN SOLO Cards, 24 cardboard bounty tokens, and 2 dice. Available at select toy retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

The above text came from this page which previews action figures and other Solo products. I checked and it is not available at Hasbro's website yet.

At first I thought this might be Sabacc but it doesn't look like it. We'll probably still get it anyway.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this game and my family has played it a couple times. It is for 2-4 players and say ages 10 and up, but my son is 8 and can handle it. You have to know how to add and subtract with negative numbers.

You have positive and negative value cards, and the goal for each round is to end as close as you can to zero. Each turn you can choose a unknown card to add to your cards, or the top card from the discard pile, and if you choose either card you can keep all the cards in your hand or discard one. There are dice that look like Han's lucky dice that you periodically roll to potentially randomize your cards (everyone discards all their cards and draws an equal number of new cards). And every round you draw random "tokens" (equal to the number of players) which all have ships, weapons and stormtrooper helmets from the Solo film and different credit values on each, and then player who wins the round gets the highest value token, and then player who came in second place gets the second most valuable token, and so on. The game ends when all the tokens are gone, and then you add up the value of your tokens to see who wins.

So it simulates winning things in a gambling game but there is no bidding or betting. The Falcon is the highest value token, and there is a special rule where a player with the right combination of tokens can force the the player with the Falcon to hand it over. The playing cards look similar to the Sabacc cards in the movie. It is a simple little family game. My son enjoys it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it at mainstream stores like Target?
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Is it at mainstream stores like Target?

I live near multiple Targets but I didn't spend time and gas looking around for it locally. I did a Google Shopping search, which is supposed to find local retail and online availability for the item, and it didn't find any local to me. Of course there could have been local retail options that Google doesn't know about.

I went to eBay and found it through eBay Best Buy. They have more copies are available here. The retail price is $20 so this is close after shipping. It was the best deal I could find at the time.

I should mention that the game's dice are grey and white plastic instead of gold metallic like in the film. (I'm guessing that there is some high-price collectible authentic reproduction available to purchase so they couldn't get too close.) But the symbols and indentation match Han's lucky dice in the films (no chain obviously since they are rolled).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: