The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stormtrooper Armor: walking coffins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Stormtrooper Armor: walking coffins Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han's breaking of the twig alerted that one scout to the rebels presence.. The meeting the ewoks came later.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Han's breaking of the twig alerted that one scout to the rebels presence.. The meeting the ewoks came later.
Attributing success to Han is a "for want of a nail" argument.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's the thing, garkhal. If Han had never broken that branch, he would have subdued that scout quietly, the other scouts would have been taken by surprise and then Luke and Leia wouldn't have had to chase the fleeing scouts into the woods, Leia wouldn't have crashed and met Wicket and would never have been led to the Ewok village, the Rebels wouldn't have become allied with the Ewoks, who wouldn't have been there to save the Rebels from the Emperor's trap in the shield bunker, so the shield would still have been up when the Alliance Fleet attacked and the Death Star would have wiped out the Rebellion.

It's the Star Wars version of For Want of a Nail.
NivlacSupreme
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding was that Stormie armor spread the energy from blaster bolts out and just knocked you out as opposed to killing you.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Stormtrooper Armor: walking coffins Reply with quote

NivlacSupreme wrote:
My understanding was that Stormie armor spread the energy from blaster bolts out and just knocked you out as opposed to killing you.

Welcome to the Pit, NivlacSupreme. I hope you come back!

Ning Leihrec wrote:
I have a theory about Stormtrooper armor. Recalling the moment in ANH when Han blasts the archway of docking bay 94 and it explodes all over the troopers below. That was just one blaster bolt. That kind of destructive force applied to living tissue has the potential to get pretty messy. And as far as protection, Stormtrooper armor seems useless, but what if the whole point is to keep the gore of a blasted corpse contained for easy cleanup? They're not any safer, they're just wearing their body bags.

I must have not been the right mood when I first read this because I just got quite a good LOL out of it. That's hilarious!

Laughing
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some sci fi where special forces essentially had gray goo nanites triggered by loss of cerebral function, that ate the body. Incidentally, to be ghoulish I might point out that body fat is convertible to plastic explosives, and that some... thing like Death Troopers might have something similar. Perhaps with a remote trigger under certain circumstances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: