The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Still Canon? [lightsaber forms]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Still Canon? [lightsaber forms]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Still Canon? [lightsaber forms] Reply with quote

Is the lightsaber forms training of younglings still canon?

Asking as wookiepedia under canon jedi traning is very vague on the actual details.

Basically is form 1 considered the basic thought to all younglings before any other form is thought.

And would it be fair from a canon point of view to assume a padawan is skilled ( not anywhere near a master) in at least form 1.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no official answer exists, I'd pick a historical sword type of some kind, and base lightsaber forms off of that in your games. Assuming you want to know exact body positioning. At least if you do that, it'll remain consistent throughout your SW game universe.

Or just use the old non-canon stuff if no new details have been filled in yet. You can't wait around forever if you've got a game to run.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
If no official answer exists, I'd pick a historical sword type of some kind, and base lightsaber forms off of that in your games.

Though I would not use the Murder Stroke from the German longsword forms. With a lightsaber that would just... not go well.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:
If no official answer exists, I'd pick a historical sword type of some kind, and base lightsaber forms off of that in your games.

Though I would not use the Murder Stroke from the German longsword forms. With a lightsaber that would just... not go well.

Or all of half-swording technique in general...
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

I don't know... it could be handy
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although some of the particulars have changed, New Canon seems to have retained at least some of the general themes / concepts of a given form.

After all, in Rebels S1, the Grand Inquisitor tells Kanan that he favors Form III to “a ridiculous degree,” the form his Master Depa Billaba preferred for close-quarters combat, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: