The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mark I Bulk Transport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mark I Bulk Transport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amaranthe
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Mark I Bulk Transport Reply with quote

Hi there.

According to weg (and wookipedia)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_I_Bulk_Transport

The Mark I has a Cargo Capacity of 60 000 Metric Tons. For a mere 50 meters long ship it's a must.
This is far far larger than any ship of this size, ans many other larger ships...
It could be a typo, but all other Mark x have a similar ratio of Cargo / Size...
According to the plans on the net, the Cargo has a surface of roughly 600 m2.
I used to consider a metric ton to be roughly equivalent to 1m3
So 60 000 / 600 => 100 m high !

So what's the explanation ?
How could i justify this capacity ?

And then, i would like to know the real price of the ship... just to be able to modify it.
All sources say 500 000 used.
I tried to use the starship cost calculator which give a good estimate price for all ship i tried... but even if i use a surcost for the Cargo Capacity... the price i obtain is more or less 150 000.

What'ss your thoughts on this mess... or is it realy a mess or am i mistaken somewhere ?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's likely that Wookipedia is using WEG as their source for that spec, so the cross reference may actually be redundant.

In any case, it seems like you might have to house rule it for it to make any sense.

(EDiT: Just looked at the article, and sure enough, they are citing Pirates and Privateers.)
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there isn't a lot of thorough reasoning done with RAW ships.

I would say, that this could be accomplished, by simply adding additional decks of cargo bays, however the write-up specifically states that the ship is only two decks high. It is possible, that of these two decks, one deck is ridiculously tall, and taking up almost the entire length of the ship, while the other is the living quarters, bridge and other ship's facilities.

At 500,000 credits: used, I can think of several ships that have better stats, and storage for less money. Namely any of the CEC Action Series Bulk Freighters. I think it's only when you start getting into the newer models that the cost starts climbing higher than the Bulk-1.

Also, for a group of PCs, my personal favorite as far as Bulk Freighters go, is the Brayl-class Bulk Freighter. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brayl-class_bulk_freighter

I love the look of it, and it only requires a single pilot to fly it, the rest of the crew are there handling other operations. It's twice the length, and has a storage capacity of 75,000 metric tons, which is enough modification room to make the thing ready to bloody anyone's nose who comes at it. Also, it has a used price of: 420,000 credits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: