The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Solo: A Star Wars Spoiler Policy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Solo: A Star Wars Spoiler Policy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Solo: A Star Wars Spoiler Policy Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
On posting spoilers...

Hi, everyone. Just as a reminder of how to hide spoiler info on our board, since we have a new movie coming out. Especially with so many sold out theaters on the opening weekend, and we may not all be seeing the movie in the same time frame, it's important to be respectful with spoilers.

When posting spoilers, please announce that portions of your post contains spoilers, and hide the spoiled material by changing your font color. At the top right of your screen you can change "Font colour:" from Default to "White" (second from the bottom). This won't render your text completely invisible, but it will render it hard to read, forcing another user to highlight it to make it legible.

Example:
Major plot spoiler:
Bruce Willis is actually a Force Spirit all along. Rosebud was his swoop bike. Darth Snape kills Dumbledore!

Just be careful when quoting spoiled material.

The red carpet world premiere of Solo is tonight, even though it doesn't start opening in various countries around the world starting until 23rd (AFAIK), but I'll go ahead and post the spoiler policy.

On Thursday May 24th I'll post a single clearly-labeled "Spoilers Allowed" thread (in the General Star Wars forum) which is open discussion, no spoiler tagging required. Let's please limit this "no restrictions" discussion to this one thread at first. Please avoid this thread before you see the movie!

Any other threads where spoilers may come up, please use the "white text color" spoiler tagging method Cheshire detailed above. And please be tactical about using spoiler tagging. If the mere presence of spoiler tagging would hint to a revelation in the film, please discuss it in the Spoilers Allowed thread.

Let's please maintain these spoilers standards until June 11th when we can then resume business as usual and not worry about spoilers anywhere. This gives the same first 18 days of American release that we gave TLJ. This gives you through the third full weekend of its release to see Solo (or enjoy spoiler free forum access before exiling yourself after that until you see it).

Thank you.

EDIT: Solo (original spoilers thread)
EDIT: Spoiler restrictions released.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: SPOILER ALERT! MOVIE ENDING REVEALED!!!!!! Reply with quote

SPOILER!!!!!!

The movie is confirmed to end with the end credits, then a fade to black screen and then all other end credits, while music is playing.

Sorry to spoil it guys!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SPOILER ALERT! MOVIE ENDING REVEALED!!!!!! Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
SPOILER!!!!!!

The movie is confirmed to end with the end credits, then a fade to black screen and then all other end credits, while music is playing.

Sorry to spoil it guys!

WHAT??? There are no stingers in the end credits like with the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies? DUDE, YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME!!!! Shocked Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad

(I guess I should have paid attention to the really huge, prominent and obvious spoiler warning....)

Last edited by Sutehp on Sat May 12, 2018 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out. Not a spoiler. But a neat promo showing off the interior of the Falcon.

Bedrooms!

Closet!

Kitchen!

CLICK HERE.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Check this out. Not a spoiler. But a neat promo showing off the interior of the Falcon.

Bedrooms!

Closet!

Kitchen!

CLICK HERE.

Cool, but let's put stuff like that in the Solo thread.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLO: A Star Wars Story Full Content Spoiler. Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
The Movie starts with the opening sequence, then follows a litt ebit of action, drama and even some romance, before more action, then a slow build up to the mivie climax, then the climax sequense and finally the end sequence before the credits and the lights turns on in the theatre.

Sorry guys to spoil things.

OH...and Chewbacca is in the Movie

Smile
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: SOLO: A Star Wars SPOILER POLICY Reply with quote

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7040

Solo is releasing today in some countries so I just wanted to bump the spoiler policy. With the simple flick of a virtual switch, I have the power to temporally (and permanently) deactivate accounts, so please don't make me use it! Thank you.

8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLO: A Star Wars SPOILER POLICY Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
With the simple flick of a virtual switch, I have the power to temporally (and permanently) deactivate accounts, so please don't make use it!

Noooo! Not the...uuhhhh...ack! I...can't...breathe....MY THROAT! How are you...cough. COUGH. Doing....this...
Whill

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the first post of this thread for the spoiler policy. Below is the only thread where spoilers are allowed without spoiler tagging. Please do not start any new topics with spoiler tagging in the first post - Instead just post it as a reply in the spoilers allowed thread. Thank you.

Solo - Spoilers Allowed thread
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Roger
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't see Solo yet, go see it! The spoiler restrictions end Monday.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this writing, it's 2:36am Monday, so the spoiler restriction policy has ended where I am. (Or does the policy expire at a certain time of day instead of at midnight?)
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
As of this writing, it's 2:36am Monday, so the spoiler restriction policy has ended where I am. (Or does the policy expire at a certain time of day instead of at midnight?)

I didn't specify a time of day and just got around to officializing it. Spoiler restrictions are now released. If you haven't seen Solo, GO SEE IT!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: