The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Asogians (E.T.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Asogians (E.T.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Asogians (E.T.) Reply with quote

Anyone use this race in a game, PC or NPC? Could be a fun alternative to a Yoda-like character.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i've never seen any stats made on them, no..
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of his abilities can be explained by him being a Jedi, right? What other unique factors would need statting? His dying and coming back to life were sure strange; not sure I grok how that worked, exactly.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Asogians (E.T.) Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
Anyone use this race in a game, PC or NPC? Could be a fun alternative to a Yoda-like character.

No, but I wouldn't be opposed to putting an NPC in my game for a cheap gag. However a long time ago I said I would use put some WEG Men In Black aliens in my game some day but still haven't. I'd probably put E.T. in first because I liked the film better.

garhkal wrote:
Since i've never seen any stats made on them, no..

Since they appeared in TPM I'm sure there are some homebrew stats out there.

Falconer wrote:
Most of his abilities can be explained by him being a Jedi, right? What other unique factors would need statting? His dying and coming back to life were sure strange; not sure I grok how that worked, exactly.

Since in the film his ship's purpose seemed to be traveling around the galaxy to collect botanical samples, I'm not sure him being a Jedi padawan is a good interpretation of the film. Maybe he was a Jedi reject and they were in the Agricultural Corp? Or maybe the whole species is Force-sensitive?

As far as his resurrection, I would have to say that he wasn't actually dead. He was just in a comatose/suspended animation state that was interpreted as death because humans don't know anything about his physiology. I'm not sure if that works from what we see in the film - I haven't see the whole movie since it came out.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here was my write-up for the Marvel-era "retconned" Asogian, BRAXAS:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-7Q2Dm1-OcIMERPM2ZYaTdzUlk

Along with the post: "If this E.T. were ever to phone home, that phone-line would probably be bugged.

OBSCURE CHARACTER TUESDAY presents BRAXAS, Asogian Infochant from the 1984 comic book story, I'll See You in the Throne Room. Although not shown to be a Force Sensitive, as Spielberg's "E.T." seems likely to have been, this wily but wheelchair-bound Information Broker from issue 89 of the original Marvel run of Star Wars still had plenty of tricks at his disposal — not the least of which was tasking Luke with a Karate Kid / Mr. Miyagi-esque test of mettle, using chopsticks and a poisonous scorpion! Finally, in a minor cosmetic retcon, I've photoshopped Braxas' original yellow color scheme to match the skin tone of other Asogians as they appeared on-screen. Hope you dig!"

And I took inspiration from this species write-up (w/ D6 stats!), http://bloodandhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Asogian ,
though I found the 14D attributes to be somewhat over-powered and so, my own take on a PC / Major NPC level Asogian is still the standard 12D + 6D.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thanks!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Finally, in a minor cosmetic retcon, I've photoshopped Braxas' original yellow color scheme to match the skin tone of other Asogians as they appeared on-screen. Hope you dig!"

So do you have a problem with the minority yellow Asogians?!

Ha, I kid. Good work. Marvel had a yellow Duros too. I'm guessing the colorists in these cases didn't pick up on the reference of these aliens and had no specific color instructions so just picked a color. ("We need more yellow aliens...")
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Telsij wrote:
Finally, in a minor cosmetic retcon, I've photoshopped Braxas' original yellow color scheme to match the skin tone of other Asogians as they appeared on-screen. Hope you dig!"

So do you have a problem with the minority yellow Asogians?!

Ha, I kid. Good work. Marvel had a yellow Duros too. I'm guessing the colorists in these cases didn't pick up on the reference of these aliens and had no specific color instructions so just picked a color. ("We need more yellow aliens...")

Haha, yikes, I think that for my Obscure Character entry for Mosep Binneed (aka Marvel's "Jabba the Hut"), I also photoshopped his color-scheme to match the Nimbanel's on-screen! 2 strikes against me now, so I hope to avoid the 3rd! Wink

I do imagine that it was the limited palette comicbook colorists had to work with as well, and they just had to pick with what worked for the deadline. I had never seen this yellow Duros, but now I shall try to think of a way he can factor in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: