The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

MARA JADE BECOMES CANON?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> MARA JADE BECOMES CANON?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: MARA JADE BECOMES CANON? Reply with quote

What could this rumor mean?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/949417/Star-Wars-9-Rey-MOTHER-Luke-wife-Mara-cast-Palpatine-parents-release-date

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/04/21/rumor-could-star-wars-episode-ix-feature-a-major-expanded-universe-character/

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-characters-joining-canon-never-will/

Youtube seems to be going ballistic over this.

But I am on the fence here, the mara Jade we know from the thrawn trillogy can NOT come into the new canon, but the Mara Jade we see in choices of one, and alligiance could fit in.

anyone with thoughts on this`?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be SWEET if they could bring jade into canon!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is intriguing if true. If it is true, I'm wondering how they'll include Mara Jade in the story.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt this. I really do.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see zero ways for the thrawn trillogy mara Jade to become canon, meaning no luke naughty stuff, no child by luke etc etc

However if we look at her in choices of one and allegiances there is a chaance.
She could fit somehat into canon, if we remeove her being involved with luke and the events of thrawn trilogy.

But if we look to her story after the death of the emperor, this can fit in, her being "on the run" then settling as a smuggler, with Karrde
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MARA JADE BECOMES CANON? Reply with quote

Here is the original source on this story: http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/04/exclusive-star-wars-episode-ix-seemingly-casting-a-major-expanded-universe-character/

Mamatried wrote:
I am on the fence here, the mara Jade we know from the thrawn trillogy can NOT come into the new canon, but the Mara Jade we see in choices of one, and alligiance could fit in.

I didn't read Choices of One but the Mara Jade from Allegiance was absolutely ridiculous. She is a teenaged Imperial superhero. I really hope they don't canonize that Mara Jade. I don't know why a Mara Jade like the one in The Thrawn Trilogy couldn't come into canon. TTT itself could come into canon with only a few tweaks.

Whether the character's name ends up being Mara or not, it is possible that the character would be Rey's mother with Luke as the father. Maybe she was an apprentice of Luke's but they fell in love and she got pregnant. Perhaps Rey's mother altered Luke's memories to forget Rey (maybe Luke even consented to it) then she abandoned Rey on Jakku. Maybe Rey's mother even lived there and watched over her from afar.

But it's all just speculation.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MARA JADE BECOMES CANON? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Here is the original source on this story: http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/04/exclusive-star-wars-episode-ix-seemingly-casting-a-major-expanded-universe-character/

Mamatried wrote:
I am on the fence here, the mara Jade we know from the thrawn trillogy can NOT come into the new canon, but the Mara Jade we see in choices of one, and alligiance could fit in.

I didn't read Choices of One but the Mara Jade from Allegiance was absolutely ridiculous. She is a teenaged Imperial superhero. I really hope they don't canonize that Mara Jade. I don't know why a Mara Jade like the one in The Thrawn Trilogy couldn't come into canon. TTT itself could come into canon with only a few tweaks.

Whether the character's name ends up being Mara or not, it is possible that the character would be Rey's mother with Luke as the father. Maybe she was an apprentice of Luke's but they fell in love and she got pregnant. Perhaps Rey's mother altered Luke's memories to forget Rey (maybe Luke even consented to it) then she abandoned Rey on Jakku. Maybe Rey's mother even lived there and watched over her from afar.

But it's all just speculation.

What I mean with the allegiance (yes she is a teen Mary sue)is a mara Jade not "Lukes wife or romance".

However her being "disillusioned" on the run and joining the smuggler allance yes, this can easily fit into the new canon.

However for most Mara Jade is Mrs Skywalker, and this is not possible in the new canon, unless Luke is a total @$$h0le*....pardon my french, but there is never a reference to her in his mind, the mother of his child/children, his love, his wife.......so it can not be.

This is what I meant with the non thrawn part of Mara's Story, it is that story she "falls for luke" and all that.

So a with some character tweaking, she could fit, but without the Luke part at least as we know it.

Also a canon MJ would bring on the rather silly debate on her being Rey's mom.
Now the Mara code name for a character, could be unrelated to mara jade and indeed be a parent to rey, but as for Mara Jade, a flat out NO.

THis becuse that part will make no sense, it would be 15+ years for mara to NOT be able to find luke, her target in her story.
Not finding a target for 15+ years is not a dangerous enemy.

If she was so powerful as the empeor's hand would be, why then abandon her child? that is not likely, she would not have reason to fear anyone or anything with that level of power.

Now however, if her story is that she met the known heroes, luke and co. then naturally as some connection out there, maybe a smuggler contact, merc or something would make some sense.

Looking to how she acts in the thrawn triligy, it would be likly that any MJ in ep 9 would be playing both sides before settling with the resistance.

An emperor's hand would be wise to seek out the first order and regain "power", finding this to be not the right empire, woud then drive a hand away.
The nature of the infiltrator, and the hand ( in Mara's case) would make a working for the resistance a logical choice, as she did not worry about the imperial/rebel war, but rather her spesific missions....hence why she never did anything towards leia, han and luke in alliegiance and other books
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, they introduced Indy’s dad in the third movie, why not Rey’s mom?

With General Leia and Vice-Admiral Holdo (and presumably Mon Mothma?) dead, they need a non-ingénue female character to round out the cast. Seems legit. On the one hand, it seems likely they’ll give their character a different name, and are just using Mara as inspiration; on the other hand, why not patch in to the built-in fan interest?

The other thing is that Thrawn is alive after REBELS, so, I have to assume they’ll do a TV or movie adaptation of his big post-RotJ campaign (Jakku notwithstanding), which means Mara Jade will be woven into the tapestry of the new Canon anyway.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
Hey, they introduced Indy’s dad in the third movie, why not Rey’s mom?

Dude, pulp fiction like Indiana Jones is two rows down and three aisles across from space opera like Star Wars! You're totally in the wrong genre section! Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space opera is just another name for pulp science fiction.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without staarting any [[oops I got ugly]] debate here, would not introducing a eu character like mara jade undermine the disney effort to "be the ones" that bring all these elements into a canon that was without it ( by their claim)

And thus will this not then simply be a code word for some role, like Kira was a code name for ray, though Kira has SW eu roots.
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I laughed heartily at that screenrant list. What absolute garbage! "This character won't ever be canon because (unsubstantiated reason) and thats that" or "This character is canon and its coming and its a matter of when it'll happen because thats how I feel."

Thanks for the laugh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: