The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Huge Ebay d6 lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Huge Ebay d6 lot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmdrcody
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Huge Ebay d6 lot Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323227685059?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, $2,380...

Maybe I should sell my books...
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, there's some good 1E stuff in that collection.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Jeez, $2,380...

Maybe I should sell my books...

Wait, sell your Star Wars books to get...the same Star Wars books?

DOES NOT...COMPUTE. Shocked

DOES NOT...COMPUTE. Shocked

DOES NOT-- *keels over*

*dies*
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL
Laughing

Sell my original books for a couple grand, and replace them with PoD copies for a couple hundred. Make profit.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that. My ancestors can sell my collection. I'm keepin' my books. Very Happy
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Screw that. My ancestors can sell my collection. I'm keepin' my books. Very Happy

He based his buy-it-now price on $20 per book. No one is paying that for the whole lot. I'm interested in seeing how long it takes to sell this, and what this ends up going for.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:
LoL
Laughing

Sell my original books for a couple grand, and replace them with PoD copies for a couple hundred. Make profit.

He based his buy-it-now price on $20 per book. No one is paying that for the whole lot. I'm interested in seeing how long it takes to sell this, and what this ends up going for.

Yeah, I gotta say, I'm with Wajeb and Whill on this one. If these books were in mint condition, I could see someone buying them for the asking price, but you can tell from the photos that more than one book is in (to put it charitably) less than mint condition. Then again, these are 1st Printing books that can't be found anymore. So maybe Raven might make a profit after all, but like Whill, I'm doubtful that anyone will pony up the present asking price. I guess we'll see.

As for me, I still have my SWU books (D6 and D20 as well as my only FFG book Dawn of Rebellion) and I'm never going to sell them. But that's because the sentimental value outweighs the monetary value. In other words, I don't need the money. Razz

Oh, and Wajeb? The only way your ancestors could sell your SWU books is if you had a time machine and went into the past and gave your great-great-great-great grandfather your books to sell. Fortunately, your descendants won't need to resort to tearing apart the space-time continuum for fun and profit to sell your books. All they'll need to do is wait until you kick the bucket, assuming you died testate (with a will), of course. If you die intestate (without a will), it's anybody's guess as to which of your descendants will inherit your books. And if your estate is in debt when you die, your debtors instead of your descendants could get those books instead, regardless of whether you wrote a will or not.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Oh, and Wajeb? The only way your ancestors could sell your SWU books is if you had a time machine and went into the past and gave your great-great-great-great grandfather your books to sell. Fortunately, your descendants won't need to resort to tearing apart the space-time continuum for fun and profit to sell your books.

Oh! Caught me!

Man, that's funny. I had a laugh over that.

You're correct, of course. Laughing

How'd you know that I didn't have a time machine?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
How'd you know that I didn't have a time machine?

I used my intuitive reasoning and vast knowledge of quantum physics and temporal mechanics to realize that after a near infinite amount of quantum possibilities have collapsed into a singularity, it becomes literally impossible to change that singularity back into its former multitude of quantum possibilities to try and create a different singularity. The quantum flow of temporal mechanics only travels in one direction at a certain rate and neither the rate nor the direction of that flow can be altered by any force in the universe (except theoretically by black holes).

In other words, time travel (outside of black holes) is literally impossible.

Also, I made a lucky guess. Razz

Deep Space Nine Season 3, Episode 17 "Visionary" wrote:

Past/Future O'Brien: (in unison) "I hate temporal mechanics."

cmdrcody
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

Probably not, but there is an option to "Make Offer".
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

I'll tell you right now: it won't sell. Not at that price, anyway.

There was (is?) a similar auction for a ton of D6 Star Wars books, listed at around the same $2K mark, and it sat for months on end.

Realistically, you can get that amount, but you have to do each sale individually or in much smaller lots. That or be prepared to accept, like, $300 and be done with it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, no snarky remarks from me, but I will give a bit of advice. You've got it listed for four days. See how it does. See if you have any offers or any takers. At the end of four days, go and do some advanced searches for completed lots like yours. There's not many of them, but I've done some digging, and they're there.

None of them sold for what you're asking, but you have the opportunity to gauge the interest of what can sell. Ask yourself how you can compare your collection to the average price per unit of the sold collections. If you have any particularly high-value items, pare them off and sell them separately to get the most you can.

Alternatively, maybe you've listed the items not for what price they're likely to fetch, but the subjective value of what they are worth to you. If you listed it for these reason, and would rather have the books than any lesser amount of money, then you're doing the right thing.

In either case, good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: