The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Funny TLJ Deleted Scene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Funny TLJ Deleted Scene
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Funny TLJ Deleted Scene Reply with quote

This makes so much more sense. I don't know why they cut this!

Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, but someone's REALLY hating on TLJ. (Maybe even several someones.) Laughing
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Damn, but someone's REALLY hating on TLJ. (Maybe even several someones.)

It's the most divisive Star Wars film since TPM, so yeah there are a lot of people hating on it. The internet has advanced quite a bit in the last 19 years. If you follow any Facebook pages that have Star Wars related posts, the comments are people who praise it as high art and people who outright despise it insulting each other. It's crazy.

But this image? To me this is just a joke. When I saw this I literally laughed out loud. I thought it was funny so wanted to share. I'm not really posting this to hate on the movie. Despite TLJ being one of my least favorite Star Wars films, I have defended it in many respects, and it is official policy here to not bash on any the films. If this leads to bash-fest I'll shut it down. But I doubt it will. I honestly thought that even people who love the movie could get a chuckle out of this, just from experience with the fandom.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had just seen Luke be a real, bad @$$ hero.

I really wanted to see the original trilogy of heroes together again, kicking butt, when this new series was announced. Han and Leia and Luke, together again. That would have been grand.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the film, but that's still really funny.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Damn, but someone's REALLY hating on TLJ. (Maybe even several someones.)

It's the most divisive Star Wars film since TPM, so yeah there are a lot of people hating on it. The internet has advanced quite a bit in the last 19 years. If you follow any Facebook pages that have Star Wars related posts, the comments are people who praise it as high art and people who outright despise it insulting each other. It's crazy.

But this image? To me this is just a joke. When I saw this I literally laughed out loud. I thought it was funny so wanted to share. I'm not really posting this to hate on the movie. Despite TLJ being one of my least favorite Star Wars films, I have defended it in many respects, and it is official policy here to not bash on any the films. If this leads to bash-fest I'll shut it down. But I doubt it will. I honestly thought that even people who love the movie could get a chuckle out of this, just from experience with the fandom.

The most divisive Star Wars film since TPM? Damn, I knew that the film had its fans and its haters but I had no idea that the gulf was that wide. (Then again, I don't usually pay attention to that sort of thing until someone tells me about it.) And yeah, I can understand why people might have a low opinion of TLJ, even if I don't share them. But making personal insults on Facebook over this? That doesn't make sense to me.

That being said, I did get a chuckle out of the image. And as I'm writing this, I just got my BluRay copy of TLJ from B&N in the mail not 15 minutes ago. And I'll be damned if I casually throw my BluRay copy of TLJ over my shoulder and into the ocean. 8)

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
If we had just seen Luke be a real, bad @$$ hero.

I really wanted to see the original trilogy of heroes together again, kicking butt, when this new series was announced. Han and Leia and Luke, together again. That would have been grand.

I would have liked to have seen that too, but we knew from the beginning of Disney's announcement that the entire premise of this trilogy was about Luke and co. handing off the torch to a new generation so seeing Luke, Han and Leia kicking @$$ again was never really in the cards. Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed by that too, but seeing new people in the Star Wars saga doesn't bother me if that's what it takes to refresh the saga. I've had more than enough of retreads of Luke and co. story in the Legends continuity. YMMV on how "fresh" the sequel trilogy is, especially with complaints about TFA being a retread of ANH having some merit, but at least there was a good faith attempt to make this new Star Wars iteration new and interesting.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TLJ is more divisive than TPM. People love TLJ or hate TLJ. Most people’s opinions about TPM are comparatively tepid, it seems to me.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I knew that the film had its fans and its haters but I had no idea that the gulf was that wide. (Then again, I don't usually pay attention to that sort of thing until someone tells me about it.) And yeah, I can understand why people might have a low opinion of TLJ, even if I don't share them. But making personal insults on Facebook over this? That doesn't make sense to me.

There is a lot of people interaction on Facebook that doesn't make sense to me. These fan comment battles are really quite ridiculous. I sometimes peak in at them and once I see that's what's happening I quickly stop reading them and back out. So much animosity on both sides. Surprisingly even fans who love the film quickly spew hatred against anyone who dares not like the film.

Falconer wrote:
I think TLJ is more divisive than TPM. People love TLJ or hate TLJ. Most people’s opinions about TPM are comparatively tepid, it seems to me.

I agree for people in general. For me personally, I don't love or hate TLJ, and I do feel my love for TPM is a little greater than my meh for TLJ.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: