The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Jedi Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Jedi Rules Reply with quote

I want to get all the rules for making and running Jedi characters together in one place. Here's what I have so far, let me know what I'm missing.

Definitions

- Force Skills refers to Control, Sense, and Alter

- Force Powers refers to the different things you can do with your force skills.

Jedi Creation

- When you choose to be force sensitive you immediately get a second force point.

- At character creation your first 1D of each force skill comes from your attribute dice.

- You learn one force power when you learn your first 1D in a force skill.

- At character creation you can increase your force skills using skill dice. Skills can only be increased by 2 dice at character creation, giving you a maximum of 3D per force skill.

- You learn one force power every time you improve a force skill by +1 pip with a teacher. That's 3 powers per 1D of improvement. How many, and which powers you start with is at your GM's discretion.

- Powers that use more than one force skill, cost that many powers. Telekinesis uses one skill, alter, it costs one power. Lightsaber Combat uses two skills, control and sense, it costs two powers. Affect Mind uses all three skills, control, sense, and alter, it costs three powers.

Running a Jedi

- Powers that use more than one skill can be rolled in separate combat rounds at no penalty. For instance, Affect Mind uses all three force skills. The player can roll each skill in consecutive combat rounds at no multiple action penalty.

- When a skill is kept up it incurs multiple action penalties. Once you activate Affect Mind, from the previous example, all actions the player takes are at -3D. Once the power is dropped the penalty is dropped.

Last edited by Kytross on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- You learn one force power every time you improve a force power by +1 pip with a teacher. That's 3 powers per 1D of improvement. How many, and which powers you start with is at your GM's discretion.

To me, that whole 'learn one force power every improvement' is ONCE the game's started, not during character creation..
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Quote:
- You learn one force power every time you improve a force power by +1 pip with a teacher. That's 3 powers per 1D of improvement. How many, and which powers you start with is at your GM's discretion.

To me, that whole 'learn one force power every improvement' is ONCE the game's started, not during character creation..

Yes, but that distinction is never made in text.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also a maximum number of force powers. I specifically stated that the GM could regulate that.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Quote:

True, its not defined which way it should be, but reading it "Improving earns you X when with a teacher" it certainly seems the more valid reading, than it coming in on cha creation...
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player invests a lot of skill die in force skills at character creation, then I am going to give them powers so they can use those skills. Otherwise they have just nerfed themselves instead of getting a trade off.

Last edited by Kytross on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Quote:

True, its not defined which way it should be, but reading it "Improving earns you X when with a teacher" it certainly seems the more valid reading, than it coming in on cha creation...

Meh... the background of the character could include an NPC Master, or even that the character's career begins with the death of the master who taught him what he knows, and now he's out to find a teacher to complete his training. Too easy to get around the "when you have a teacher" thing.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:

Meh... the background of the character could include an NPC Master, or even that the character's career begins with the death of the master who taught him what he knows, and now he's out to find a teacher to complete his training. Too easy to get around the "when you have a teacher" thing.

That's assuming your DM is ok with jedi pc's starting with a master in their backround, even if they are dead..
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few characters.

The most interesting was a character whose master turned to the dark side. He tried to recruit my character, who turned him down. The master tried to kill him, and the character barely escaped with his life.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Naaman wrote:

That's assuming your DM is ok with jedi pc's starting with a master in their backround, even if they are dead..

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: