The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Useful Rules from Other D6 Products
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Useful Rules from Other D6 Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Useful Rules from Other D6 Products Reply with quote

Has anyone compiled useful rules from other D6 products? Things that 2e R&E didn't cover, but it would've been nice to have?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Useful Rules from Other D6 Products Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Has anyone compiled useful rules from other D6 products? Things that 2e R&E didn't cover, but it would've been nice to have?

I don't think anyone has compiled non-R&E features of other D6 games. But The D6 System toolkit book, D6 Space and D6 Adventure are all OGL so they are free to glean mechanics from. D6 Space is essentially WEG's Star Wars 3e with the IP striped. D6 Adventure and D6 Fantasy are just genre-oriented adaptations of D6 Space. I've incorporated a couple little inspirations from Space and Adventure into my Star Wars game, but not much.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a few rules to be great in individual games. If I'm home-brewing an assortment of things anyway, the scale is pretty intuitive, has a simple elegance, and paints with a finer brush than the R&E. It's a balance I don't see often with D6. I think there were a couple of skills that were well thought out, such as sleight of hand.

The problem with some of the mechanics is that even if some of them were better (which IMO, few were), it takes a lot of work to retrofit such a large corpus of works in terms of ships, speeders, etc. with a new scale system. I can't imaging re-doing Gry Sarth's books outfitted for D6 Triology's scale system. It would be too much work for not enough gain.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D6 Space has a few. Optional combat maneuvers, optional max defense dice, 1/2 STR or lifting that adds to STR weapons are some rules.
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indiana Jones or d6 Adventure had a fun rule for riding bikes. They had a little equation for using your Lifting skill to determine the bike's move speed for the round. I want to try it sometime in a goofy chase scene; urban bazaar or low tech peddle power vs high tech Swoops.
Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be showing my age here, but the Ghost Busters D6 game (which is otherwise fairly useless to me) has a really intuitive encumberance system I am implementing (and almost certainly expanding) in my game. Items have an abstracted attribute called "hands" which determines both their encumberance value as well as informing their use.

For example: a blaster pistol is hands:1, requiring one hand to operate or carry, and taking up one hand if stored (backpacks, utility belts, etc. all have a number of hands available). A blaster carbine is hands:1.5, a rifle is hands:2 etc. An Eweb is something like hands:5 requiring two full crew and a tripod (equipment functioning as one hand).

My own addition is the concept of small items in this system being "fingers." This would mean that a light utility belt capable of holding hands:6 could hold a pistol (1), a lightsaber (1), a medpack (1), and up to 15 small items (3).

This system is very much under development, but I'm hoping it will work out well enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: