The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook (1997)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> WEG Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook (1997)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HalcyonDaze
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: WEG Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook (1997) Reply with quote

Hey folks, i have a question about this sourcebook. Is this just a compilation of Galaxy guides 1, 3, and 5 or is there more in it than that?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook: SE (1997) Reply with quote

HalcyonDaze wrote:
Hey folks, i have a question about this sourcebook. Is this just a compilation of Galaxy guides 1, 3, and 5 or is there more in it than that?

Yes, there is more to it. The Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook: Special Edition (1997) has character capsules/stats from those three galaxy guides (2e) (divided up into Imperial, Rebel and independent), and it also has 'about the Star Wars universe' chapters from The Star Wars Sourcebook (2e). What it has beyond those things is the new aliens and info from the Special Edition versions of the films plus it is full color glossy pages and set up with chapter introductions by characters drawn by Mike Vilardi just like in R&E. This book was made to be the primary companion to the R&E core book like the original SW Sourcebook was to the 1e core (and the 2e updated sourcebook was to the blue Vader 2e core). But this one is different because it has film Galaxy Guides info and the SE character info.

Truth be told, if you already have the 2e film galaxy guides and the 2e SW Sourcebook, then there really isn't a whole lot more here so it might not be worth a high price to you. But because of the full color glossy pages and set-up like R&E, this is still one of my favorite WEG Star Wars books.

Star Wars: The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (1993) is the no-frills book that just compiles the three galaxy guides in 2e form, except that it doesn't include the extra stuff they added to the 2e versions of those books, so I got rid of this one.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
HalcyonDaze
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thank you for your informative reply. I saw this go up on eBay at a decent price and wondered if it was worth getting. Sounds like I could probably pass on it.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd say it's safe to pass on this. It's a great sourcebook, IMO it's better than it two predecessors but isn't all that important to get if you already have most of the earlier stuff.

Back in 97, though, it probably would have been the first supplement to pick up for 2R&E.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flipside is, if you already own the Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (or the Special Edition Movie Trilogy Sourcebook, which is the better buy, IMO), you don't really need Galaxy Guides 1, 3 & 5.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are one of those people who prefer first edition Star Wars.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
Unless you are one of those people who prefer first edition Star Wars.

That would go here.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people like to have complete collections of the books, even if they are unnecessary.

I suggest getting a copy of the Special Edition Trilogy Sourcebook if you can find a copy relatively inexpensive. The artwork is great, and it has a ton of nifty little sidebars, so you can know the stats for the musicians performing at Jabba's palace, in case your players want to go and ice them for performing Jedi Rocks.

Seriously, though, the full color artwork and layout of the SETSB (Eh?) is worth the purchase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: