The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG Star Wars "Style Guide"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> WEG Star Wars "Style Guide"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: WEG Star Wars "Style Guide" Reply with quote

Again - I think this has been posted before, but my mediocre search skills are once more letting me down. Please let me know if there's a thread on this somewhere.

A while back, the WEG Star Wars "Style Guide" got some attention on some major media sites, including io9:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-1994-star-wars-style-guide-proves-hindsight-is-a-w-1762193119

Does anyone know if the complete text to this guide has ever been made available? Thanks!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've poked around into a few places and even politely hinted to those who would have had a hard copy that I would love to see one. But none of my efforts bore fruit.

A complete version of such a style guide (as there were several) has not surfaced on the web.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, it's too bad that this style guide has never been published. I, for one, think I would greatly enjoy reading it.

...and I'm wondering how well my SWD6 character's backstory would line up with these writing guidelines. I sure as hell never tried to involve any hint of anything derivative of the Skywalker saga in my character's background. No Tatooine, no Bespin, no Endor, no Jedi, no scoundrel-esque smugglers (my character was a respected Coruscanti lawyer-turned-smuggler, but decidedly not a scoundrel; he would call himself a legitimate businessman) or anything else directly derived from the movies was all stuff I tried to avoid in writing up my character.

Truthfully, there's so much in the EU (either Legends or canon) that it really shouldn't be hard to come up with something original. And by "original," I mean not derivative of something from the movies.
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything turned up over the last few months?

Anyone?... Anyone?...

Bueller?...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wish. I've put a few baited hooks out in some forums where someone who may have had one could take the bite. It got some commentary, but no offers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: