The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Questions on the battlecruiser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Questions on the battlecruiser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Questions on the battlecruiser Reply with quote

I am wondering if the armament of the resurgent class battlecruiser means it’s 1500 turbolasers and ion cannons combined or is it each.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions on the battlecruiser Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
I am wondering if the armament of the resurgent class battlecruiser means it’s 1500 turbolasers and ion cannons combined or is it each.

It's hard for me to get excited about this ship, since it seems like the people generating background data for Disney/Lucas are basically just pulling names and #'s out of their pudu-ports.

If it's really important to you, subdivide the weapons into batteries. That way you can treat a 4-cannon battery as a single weapon for stat purposes, but have it count as four guns when counted against the official numbers for this ship.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions on the battlecruiser Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:

It's hard for me to get excited about this ship, since it seems like the people generating background data for Disney/Lucas are basically just pulling names and #'s out of their pudu-ports.

If it's really important to you, subdivide the weapons into batteries. That way you can treat a 4-cannon battery as a single weapon for stat purposes, but have it count as four guns when counted against the official numbers for this ship.

Ok, I have had trouble with the armaments of the resurgent because I can’t tell if it’s the amount combined or each.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither can anyone else so, in the absence of solid information, make up something that sounds good.

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, guess we will have to wait until we get further detail.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
Ok, guess we will have to wait until we get further detail.

Why is it important?

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to know lots of stuff about Star Wars.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
I like to know lots of stuff about Star Wars and role playing and all that.

From a roleplaying standpoint, the only reason this information would really matter is if you are making stats.

If you want my opinion, I expect that 1,500 is the combined total number of turbolasers and ion cannon on this ship. Considering it is twice the length of an ISD, it's going to have a lot of weapons, but not 3,000+

I'd break it down like so:
    -60 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (4 guns per)
    -30 Heavy Ion Cannon
    -300 Turbolaser Batteries (4 guns per)
    -150 Ion Cannon
    -1,620 total turbolasers & ion cannon

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you said the turbo lasers are 4 barrel, but in cross sections we see that the turbo lasers are double barreled, if it were each then it would be 750 turbolasers, but if it’s combined then it’s unknown which one it is. shootingwomprats said that if it’s combined it could be something like 1200 tebolasers 300 ion cannons and some other point defense stuff.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
Ok, you said the turbo lasers are 4 barrel, but in cross sections we see that the turbo lasers are double barreled, if it were each then it would be 750 turbolasers, but if it’s combined then it’s unknown which one it is.

I would consider those Dual Turbolasers. Batteries would be like what we see in ANH at the Battle of Yavin, with single-barrel turbolasers firing through ports in the hull. It's not a four-barreled turbolaser; it's four turbolasers side-by-side, that can fire at the same target to maximize damage or accuracy, or can split their fire between multiple targets.

Quote:
shootingwomprats said that if it’s combined it could be something like 1200 turbolasers 300 ion cannons and some other point defense stuff.

The way it's worded, the point defense weapons wouldn't count towards the total, if they are neither turbolasers or ion cannon.

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see, the resurgent class seems a bit op for its size. I know the 4 turbolaser batteries on each side of the resurgent, which could be used for broadside.
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weirdly the Disney wiki says that it has 3000 turbolasers and 3000 ion cannons.
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/First_Order_Star_Destroyer
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
Weirdly the Disney wiki says that it has 3000 turbolasers and 3000 ion cannons.
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/First_Order_Star_Destroyer

That's because Disney doesn't give a flying flip about continuity, and markets this crap to people who can't count that high.

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah seems Disney don’t give a sh*t about stuff and just randomly write stuff down.
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus I wonder if the arnament mean something like 1500 dual turbolasers or 750 dual turbolasers if it is each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: