The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Registration issues?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Registration issues? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Just saw a PM back and his hotmail is not showing it in his inbox OR his spam /junk box.. He said he will try again but with a DIFFERENT Email addy..

It hasn't come through yet but I'll watch for it. I'll let you know when I process it so you can tell him to check that email. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received this email from Assuran.
    Good morning CRMcNeill,

This is Assuran from the Rancor Pit. I have an update and request as I'm currently unable to post on the Pits due to password issues as none of the other mods appear to have an email available to contact.

I forgot my password and went through the forget your process twice now only for no email to show up. I've checked junk/deleted files and nothing appears to be coming through. Could you pass this along so the admin can figure out what exactly is going on.

Also, from Reddit regarding the new member registration if you could copy/paste this for the admin to look at, I got poked with this message from a new member having issues still with registration:

"I got a mail with name and password, a week ago or thereabouts, just after you placed a sticky I suppose. Thanks Smile However I can't log in with the provided password/username, it just gives a message that it is either inactive, incorrect, or wrong password on the account. The mail states that there would be sent a mail with a activation I guess. "Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another email when this has occured." I got that in a mail along with the password/username a week ago, seems a little long, but ok. Could you ask if the issues with logging on are still?"

Thanks,
    Assuran

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This is being looked into. I'll post an update asap.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill, garhkal, everyone. We've solved the registration problem. Those that registered in the past month's time (until earlier today) got registered but never got activation emails. After dinner and I put my son to bed, I'll delete the effected accounts and reregister them so they get the same usernames they had chosen before but this time get the activation email. If you're in contact with them, please tell them they do not have to re-register and should get the e-mails later. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I might offer a suggestion, perhaps you should get a separate email account for the Pit, then leave it as an available option on your profile. My Gmail address is publicly listed here, and I have fielded several requests from people who were trying to get in touch the admin for registration issues. I don't mind helping people out, but it might smooth the process if we removed a link in the chain.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
If I might offer a suggestion, perhaps you should get a separate email account for the Pit, then leave it as an available option on your profile. My Gmail address is publicly listed here, and I have fielded several requests from people who were trying to get in touch the admin for registration issues. I don't mind helping people out, but it might smooth the process if we removed a link in the chain.

I already established an email address for the Pit with my hosting company, forums@rancorpit.com. That is the email address that system sends the registration activation emails from, and that's working now.

Registration requests used to go to Gry Sarth but he is also no longer active with the site so it is now set-up to go to my personal email which is how I get them. But I still don't know how to set-up the forum email address to access its inbox right now, so please don't give the email address out yet because the email will just sit there unseen.

The functional public contact email for the Pit is on the list of future enhancements. But for now, we have confirmation that the registration activation process is working again because the most recent registrant did successfully activate and log into his account very soon after I processed the registration today. This is progress.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill, garhkal, everyone. We've solved the registration problem. Those that registered in the past month's time (until earlier today) got registered but never got activation emails. After dinner and I put my son to bed, I'll delete the effected accounts and reregister them so they get the same usernames they had chosen before but this time get the activation email. If you're in contact with them, please tell them they do not have to re-register and should get the e-mails later. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

I will re-send the info to my 'contact'..
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done. Everyone that requested registration between Nov.19 and Dec.14 has now been re-registered with an activation email sent this time.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo...

Now to see if my comrade from DF is good..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: