The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Ranks?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> New Ranks?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: New Ranks? Reply with quote

BTW Whill, are you planning on adding new ranks? It's rarefied territory up here, but I've been a Grand Moff for a while, and I'd think I'm due a seniority promotion if nothing else.

Wink

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
BTW, are you planning on adding new ranks? It's rarefied territory up here, but I've been a Grand Moff for a while, and I'd think I'm due a seniority promotion if nothing else.

Wink

Yes, I can add new ranks. If you have any suggestions for what's above Grand Moff
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
BTW, are you planning on adding new ranks? It's rarefied territory up here, but I've been a Grand Moff for a while, and I'd think I'm due a seniority promotion if nothing else.

Wink

Yes, I can add new ranks. If you have any suggestions for what's above Grand Moff

IMO, garhkal and Hellcat should probably have some input, as well.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator

Advisor to the Emperor

Governor

Imperial Guard

Just some thoughts.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Senator

Advisor to the Emperor

Governor

Imperial Guard

Just some thoughts.

I'd be cool with those, but a governor is lower than grand moff.. However, you have soverign protectors, emperor's hands, and 3 separate ranks for the guardsmen.. REGULAR guardsmen, Crimson guards (those who are the upper echelon of them) and crimson shadows (force using ones)..
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: new Rank titles Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Sith Apprentice, Sith Master, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Conversely, perhaps some Rebellion/Jedi ranks could be added or optioned, etc.

garhkal wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Senator

Advisor to the Emperor

Governor

Imperial Guard

Just some thoughts.
I'd be cool with those, but a governor is lower than grand moff.. However, you have soverign protectors, emperor's hands, and 3 separate ranks for the guardsmen.. REGULAR guardsmen, Crimson guards (those who are the upper echelon of them) and crimson shadows (force using ones)..

Let's table this discussion for now... Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
As an aside, while I still can't think of any appropriate ranks above Grand Moff (in fact, thinking about it feels vaguely like a post-Endor Imperial Warlord trying to invent a new, more ostentatious title, like Supreme Overlord or something silly like that), might I suggest something more "Star Wars"-ish for the Moderators and Admin(s):
    Inquisitor, instead of Moderator

Emperor, instead of Admin

and for Loc Taal, Chancellor instead of Admin Emeritus (in true Star Wars tradition, the Chancellor was replaced by an Emperor).

I actually thought of all of this! My original avatar here was the Emperor from RotJ. Remember years ago we got into a discussion where Fallon Kell said that he visualized all the Pit users as their avatars and that colored how he read our posts? I didn't want people to see me that way so I changed my avatar to smiling prequel Palpatine and it has been ever since.

As well as the Emperor and Inquisitors works for site admin and moderators and within the existing rank system, I really don't care for the connotations of 'tyrannical' and 'out to get you'. I don't want new people to come here and think, 'oh, so that's how it is here.' And besides, my avatar is prequel Palpatine so I'm the Chancellor. However for easy identification purposes people have to know who the Site Admin is so they who they can contact with issues and for the context it gives my posts. I wanted Loc Taal's rank to still have "Admin" in it so anyone reading his old posts would have the context, and "Emeritus" because it says retired and honored which is current and deserved.

EDIT: Updated "Rank" System
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: