The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New ships.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> New ships. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
As an aside, the larger Alliance fighters may take up the same amount of deckspace as would a wing composed of the smaller, taller TIEs. I could easily picture a system where fighters, shuttles and the like take up a certain number of "deck slots" based on their size, with TIEs taking up 1, X-Wings and Y-Wings taking 2, B-Wings and Lambda Shuttles taking 3, YT-1300 Freighters and assault shuttles taking up 4, and so on and so forth.

So, an Imperial Fighter wing would use 72 deck slots to park 72 Fighters, while an Alliance Fighter Wing would use 72 deck slots to park 36 Fighters.
That all seems pretty reasonable and simple. I like it! Very Happy

Minor points:
(1) If you parked the B-wing from a rack (I think one view of the Quasarfire class light carrier depicts that) the B-wing would take less space than a Lambda shuttle - always assuming the ceiling in the bay is high enough to hang a B-wing. So maybe 2 slots in this configuration.

(2) Obviously the Lambda shuttle needs less space than a YT-1300 because the Lambda can fold its wings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: