The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Edition of D6 from Gallant Knight Games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> New Edition of D6 from Gallant Knight Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: New Edition of D6 from Gallant Knight Games Reply with quote

https://www.gallantknightgames.com/gallant-knight-games-partners-with-nocturnal/

Utah, UNITED STATES (10/11/2017) – Gallant Knight Games and Nocturnal Media are pleased to announce that they have entered into an agreement related to the classic West End Games D6 System. Under license from Nocturnal Media, Gallant Knight Games will become the official publisher and distributor of a new edition of the D6 System, tentatively titled: “D6 System: Second Edition”!

“Since Nocturnal purchased West End Games, the plan has been to revitalize the D6 System and modernize a system so many gamers have enjoyed.” Steve Wieck says, “This partnership with Gallant Knight is part of our journey to achieve that.”

This new edition will be overseen by Gallant Knight Games’ design team, with approvals from Nocturnal Media & West End Games.

“The West End Games D6 system and it’s classic D6 game of cinematic space opera adventure was hugely informative of my growth as a young gamer,” Alan Bahr, founder of Gallant Knight Games adds. “Helping to bring West End Games back into the mainstream gaming community is an exciting moment for us, and serving as the official West End Games creation and publishing studio is an opportunity of a lifetime!”

More announcements about changes in D6 System: Second Edition, timelines and dates will be forthcoming!

###

Gallant Knight Games is a roleplaying and publishing company dedicated to heroic, fun and high-quality RPG materials. Founded by Alan Bahr, they publish and support a variety of games, including the TinyD6 line of minimalist roleplaying games. Gallant Knight Games recently merged with Ragnarok Publications and Outland Entertainment, and serves as a publisher and distributor for several indie tabletop creators.

Nocturnal Media is a Houston-based game developer and publisher. We publish tabletop roleplaying, card and board games, with primary focuses on storytelling and content-rich settings. The company was founded by Stewart Wieck, an award-winning game designer who previously founded and operated White Wolf where he created and published games set within the World of Darkness, such as Vampire: The Masquerade and Mage: The Ascension.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I've been looking forward to seeing what Noctournal Media was going to do with it. I'm willing to give it a shot when it comes out.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I'm glad to see new D6 games coming out.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what this means for the back catalogue from WEG? Did they retain any publishing rights after the license for Star Wars lapsed? It would seem that FFG has the rights now, unless FFG licensed them from Nocturnal...
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it's going to mean very little for the back catalog. FFG has the license to produce Star Wars, and I'm betting that there was a small infusion of cash to incentive the release of the 1st edition anniversary books under FFG's catalog.

Noctournal isn't going to be able to release Star Wars because it belongs to FFG, and FFG isn't going to be able to release more D6 because 1) they have their own product line to focus on, and 2) WEG's old catalog belongs to Nocturnal.

With D6 being released under OGL, FFG could technically release Star Wars RPG books in D6, but it looks like they have their own thing going on now. I don't think the game is ever likely to return to its roots with any gusto.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my question's more of a law geek one than a practical one. I mean, I get that nobody's going to be republishing the old stuff, outside of the occasional "anniversary edition" or whathaveyou. What I'm curious about is what's in the license agreements.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and me both, really.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gallantknightgames.com/west-end-games-d6-system-second-edition/

No update about the next edition of D6. Last update was November 2020:

Alan on November 12, 2020 at 8:23 am
Quote:
Hey folks!

As we’ve said before. Zorro is out now, and you can find it at shop.gallantknightgames.com! We’ll have further announcements down the line!

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
gallandro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
https://www.gallantknightgames.com/west-end-games-d6-system-second-edition/

No update about the next edition of D6. Last update was November 2020:

Alan on November 12, 2020 at 8:23 am
Quote:
Hey folks!

As we’ve said before. Zorro is out now, and you can find it at shop.gallantknightgames.com! We’ll have further announcements down the line!

I don't think it's happening at this juncture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: