The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shard character concept
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Shard character concept Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Shard character concept Reply with quote

Chip aka R6-J3

Chip is a Shard, a sentient silicone crystal from the planet Orax. ‘Born’ sometime around 75BBY, Chip lived his formative years in a Shard collective halfway across the planet from the human colonies. Shards live long, slow lives and he never really gave the rest of the galaxy much thought until Jedi Master Aqinos formed the Iron Knights and offered Chip a place on the team.

Chip declined. He had never considered the rest of the galaxy, and never known violence. Why would he want to protect something he did not understand.

That stuck with him. Not understanding something. After contemplating what the galaxy was and what other life, organic life, could be like, he contacted the humans on Orax and traded for a Droid body. Chip was the first in his collective to do so. Since Shards speak only electromagnetically, this was when Chip took his name.

From the beginning, Chip chose an astromech. He did not understand organic life, nor the desire to be humanoid. Chip wanted to explore the stars, and technology. An astromech seemed ideally suited for that.

The people on Orax were very helpful. They understood that shards were alive and treated them as equals. Even one in an astromech. Chip spent a year studying at the equivalent of a high school, taking tech classes especially.

People were always in a hurry. What an odd concept. In his collective, simple decisions could take years to make. Humans had to make a thousand decisions a day. What to eat, what to wear, what to do. What a bother. Chip considered returning to the collective many times, but stuck it out. There was something to the urgency of the human experience. It put him off but attracted him as well.

After his time in school, Chip signed on with a free trader ship as a mechanic. It was during these short years that he truly came to understand the urgency of life, the threat of death and of violence.

Coming from the outer rim, pirates were a significant part of a free trader’s life. Chip had never experienced violence before. It was the possibility of death that made Chip understand urgency. And death wasn't the worst of it. Slavery would be worse. Or being stranded in the vacuum of space, alone for eternity. The concept of self-defense was new and invigorating.

Chip learned to fire a starship’s guns via his s-comp. After that he learned to pilot and astrogate.

Chip left the free trader life richer than most. But then, his expenses were much lower, only needing electricity, not food, and the occasional oil bath. After a few years he retired to the university at Woostri. There he studied computer science, Droid programming, history and politics.

Politics was something Shards knew well. Their lives in the collective consisted of conversations. They could not move, but they could talk. What else was there to do?

Chip was a minor celebrity around campus. The astromech that attended classes and was seen everyday in the library, plugged into an s-comp socket.

Before the clone wars, the arguments put forth by the Separatists flowed across the holonet. Chip found himself spending more and more time on the holonet, making arguments in favor of the separatists. On the holonet he wasn't a rock living in a Droid, he was just another voice, expressing his opinion.

When the Clone Wars started Chip joined the confederacy. He believed that individual star systems had the right to secede from the Republic. When the Republic attacked the Separatists on the independent world of Geonosys, that was too much for Chip. The Republic had started a war, and Chip would not stand by and let that happen.

He served in espionage. His specialty was infiltration and pulling information dumps. However, he also did demolition work and other parts of espionage. Being able to steal a starship to make his own getaways was a big advantage. No one ever suspected a Droid, especially not an astromech.

Almost immediately after the war, the Empire declared Droids to be illegal on Orax. They denied Shards recognition as sentient and destroyed most of the collectives on Orax.

Chip fought back. But he was the only one. It would be more than fifteen years before Mon Mothma would be outed as a rebel collaborator and escape from Corpus can't with the Stormtroopers on her heels.

In the meantime, Chip was an astromech fighting the Empire anyway he could. He stole Imperial ships, or more often private ships of prominent imperial, and sold them in Hutt space. He gathered what Intel he could, but there was little he could do to act on it. Eventually he was found out and a bounty was placed on him as a rogue Droid.

Chip got a bad paint job, and started hiding in the outer rim and Hutt worlds. He adopted the name R6-J3 and pretends to be a regular Droid.

Stats

DEX 2D - determined by Droid body
STR 2D - determined by Droid body
KNO 4D
PER 4D
Sneak 5D
MEC 4D
Starship gunnery 5D
Astrogation 5D
TEC 6D
Comp programming 7D
Droid Programming 7D
Security 7D
Demolition 7D
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I know where you could play them.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you have in mind?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
What do you have in mind?

In the pbp I posted an ad.
On char has a ship and needs a copilot.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very interested. Registered on the site, awaiting approval.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I allowed to choose from the stuff in the d20 book Scavenger's guide to Droids? It's been converted by the boys here on Rancor's Pit and they did a great job.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
Am I allowed to choose from the stuff in the d20 book Scavenger's guide to Droids? It's been converted by the boys here on Rancor's Pit and they did a great job.

In the case of your shard, 10D of physical attributes and other bonuses.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more curious how something that doesn't have stats on it, like the winch or the automap, both very useful in a Sith Temple campaign, out of the 10D of equipment dice. I'm planning on spending my points mostly on defenses, the s-comp and maybe on some tools. Though there's a certain appeal to installing a repulsorlift with a move of 1 or 2, just to get over the occasional rough terrain.

Also, I have not been approved on the site yet.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
I was more curious how something that doesn't have stats on it, like the winch or the automap, both very useful in a Sith Temple campaign, out of the 10D of equipment dice. I'm planning on spending my points mostly on defenses, the s-comp and maybe on some tools. Though there's a certain appeal to installing a repulsorlift with a move of 1 or 2, just to get over the occasional rough terrain.

Also, I have not been approved on the site yet.

Ah, 1 pip for not dice equipment.
1D for move 3, max of move 6
Emailed owner of site. No response yet. Hope to get one soon.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for my registration on that site.

You could run the game on this site.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it set up on a different site.

http://www.d6online.com/forum/70-sith-temple/

Next time I do a starwars maybe I will here.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have my equipment short lists. Do I need to spend for standard equipment that comes with the R6? Like the internal comlink or the holo recorder/projector?

I'm not trying to push the limits, I just want to be on the same page as you are.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the standard equipment for an R6 Unit:

Type: Industrial Automaton R6 Astromech Droid

Equipped With:
-Three wheeled legs (one retractable)
-Internal comlink
-Extendable 0.3 meter long video sensor with infrared vision
(360 degree rotation, night vision)
-Holographic projector/recorder
-Retractable heavy grasper arm (+1D to lifting, maximum
2D)
-Retractable fine worker arm
-Acoustic signaler
-Fire extinguisher
-Small internal “cargo” area (2 Kg)
Move: 10
Size: 1 meter tall

I'd like to add:

- Scomp link +1D to Computer programming/repair (1D)
- Repulsor with a move of 3 (1D)
- Gravity belt to automatically slow fall (+1)
- Remote Starship Starter (+1)
- Magnetic feet (+1)

If I calculated that right, that leaves me with 7D to play with. I was thinking of dumping it all into armor and shields. I'm thinking 2D armor and 5D in shields, similar to a Droideka.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take 1D for the grasping arm. And the Dice of physical attributes from the body.

The rest looks good.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I should be able to get up a fixed version late tonight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: