The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Days on Tatooine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Days on Tatooine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Days on Tatooine Reply with quote

How long, do you think, was it for the Falcon to leave Tatooine with Ben and Luke, travel to Alderaan, get captured and escape from the Death Star, then have the Alliance blow up the Death Star?

From the Falcon leaving to to the DS being destroyed--how much time was that?

And, how long until the news of what happened got back to Tatooine?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to assume news travels instantaneously in a similar manner to what we have in real life.

I think we can also assume that less than 1 day passes between leaving Tatooine and escaping the Death Star: hyperspace travel tends take between hours and a week, but remember, we are talking about the Falcon with the fastest hyperseive in the galaxy. Depending on the standard travel times, I'd say its possible it took no more than a couple days.

Time spent on the Death Star is probably about an hour or less.

Mobilizing a fleet for the attack likely took a couple of days. The entire movie (from Tatooine to Kaboom is probably about a week.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Mobilizing a fleet for the attack likely took a couple of days. The entire movie (from Tatooine to Kaboom is probably about a week.
Which fleet are you talking about, Naaman? If you're talking about Red and Gold Squadron, thats a tiny fleet because it's only made of 2 squadrons of fighters (just 24 fighters) and Gold Squadron was likely understrength. It's lampshaded in several places in the Expanded Universe that the Death Star carried way more than enough TIE fighters to easily achieve space superiority against the Rebel's measley 1 and 1/2 half sqaudrons of fighters.

Then again, if you're talking about the Death Star following the Falcon back to Yavin 4, it isn't a fleet, but it certainly carries a fleet (of TIEs). But even then, I don't think a week passed between Tatooine and the Battle of Yavin. I never got the impression that the hyperspace travel depicted in Ep IV lasted very long. Each jaunt, namely Tatooine-to-Alderaan and Alderaan-to-Yavin 4, didn't seem to last more than a few hours at most, especially when you consider that the passengers and crew of the Falcon never seemed to change their clothes (assuming that they even had a change of clothes) or even wash their clothes (if they didn't have a change of clothes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: