The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Banshee class transport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Banshee class transport Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedKnight wrote:
i am surprised they arent some kind of lizard duck knowing naboo.

That'd just make them Gungans.
Saikoyu
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Saikoyu wrote:
Actually, per a five minute wookieepedia search:

Can't get direct link to work, its the first one, click on the canon tab, but here are your Banshees Per that, a Banshee is a flying creature on Umbara.

However, in the case of this stat, there is no indication that the stat-writer was aware of the "canon Banshee" from TCW, as the stat compilation book was published years before that episode (or TCW in general) was released. At best it's retconning, though it is highly unlikely that Disneylucas would place any importance whatsoever on retconning a homebrew ship.

Ah, my bad. I seem to have taken your words out of context, or something. I was specifically looking at your sentence:

Quote:
So, there are no canon Wraiths, Spectres or Banshees in the SWU.

I assumed you were talking about the thing the ship was named after, not the ship itself. Yes the ships stats are homebrew, and the ship is non-cannon since it comes from the video game Star Wars: Battle for Naboo (Link here to wookiepedia) and all of that got wiped clean with Disney. Anyway, I think that answers the OPs question of where this is from, and I'm not sure if I'm parsing the other discussion, so I'll bow out after this.

If anyone wants this youtube link has some good shots of the ship.
RedKnight
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was hoping that was the ship, now i've got to find the stats heh.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Whill wrote:
I don't think the pre-Disney novelizations are still canon, but see TPM (the actual film itself) for canon ducks.

CAPTAIN PANAKA: If we can't get the shield generators fixed, we'll be sitting ducks!

Or, since the language spoken a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away is unlikely to be the English we hear in the films the word "duck" is used so that the English speaking earth audience understands the reference. The Star Wars aquatic game bird may not actually be a member of the family Anatidae but it may, like earthly ducks, be more easily shot while sitting on the water.

True. But then again, the Star Wars galaxy inexplicably has humans, so it isn't really a stretch to have ducks too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Bren wrote:
Whill wrote:
I don't think the pre-Disney novelizations are still canon, but see TPM (the actual film itself) for canon ducks.

CAPTAIN PANAKA: If we can't get the shield generators fixed, we'll be sitting ducks!

Or, since the language spoken a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away is unlikely to be the English we hear in the films the word "duck" is used so that the English speaking earth audience understands the reference. The Star Wars aquatic game bird may not actually be a member of the family Anatidae but it may, like earthly ducks, be more easily shot while sitting on the water.

True. But then again, the Star Wars galaxy inexplicably has humans, so it isn't really a stretch to have ducks too.

Wherever there are humans, there are ducks.

Or, more sinisterly, wherever there are ducks, there are humans.

Sometimes... simultaneously.

[/img]
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:
Bren wrote:
Whill wrote:

Wherever there are humans, there are ducks.

Or, more sinisterly, wherever there are ducks, there are humans.

Sometimes... simultaneously.

[/img]

Na'Kal: Breen! You've managed to import breen from Homeworld! How?
G'Kar: It, uh - isn't actually breen.
Na'Kal: The smell! The taste...
G'Kar: It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Na'Kal: Breen! You've managed to import breen from Homeworld! How?
G'Kar: It, uh - isn't actually breen.
Na'Kal: The smell! The taste...
G'Kar: It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

FIFY because this really needed the relevant links to TvTropes. 8) Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: