The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Terrascin Skink Venom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Terrascin Skink Venom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Terrascin Skink Venom Reply with quote

Just an idea I played with while driving in today:

Terrascin Skink Venom

Derived from the Terrascin Skink (now since hunted to near extinction), Skink Venom is a stimulant popular among petty thugs and gang members, and certain unscrupulous sport fighters. Injected, Terrascin Skink Venom leads to an itchy, feverish high and a degree of resistance to pain. The high lasts for about an hour, and during that time, one is immune to the immediate effects of a Stun, and to Stun Weapons.
This comes with some drawbacks and caveats, however. First of all, the skink venom makes you twitchy and unstable, resulting in a -1D from all Dexterity checks and skills, as well as from social skill rolls; this lasts not only for the hour, but for another hour afterwards in the "crash". Secondly, while you shrug off the initial effects of the Stun, the stun is still affecting you; each hit with a stun weapon, or stunned result from a non-stun weapon, counts towards the stuns still affecting you, and when you reach a number of stuns equal to your Strength Dice, you still go unconscious.
Prolonged use of skink venom can have negative side effects. Each dose taken requires separate opposed Willpower and Stamina checks against the number of doses taken over the previous month. Failure on either of these results in addiction, so that NOT having a dose of skink venom in Strength Die Code days results in -1D to Dexterity and Perception. Overcoming this requires a month without skink venom, followed by Very Difficult Stamina and Willpower checks (or a Moderate Medicine check and a medpac).

Cost: 5-10 credits a dose
Legality: 1, R or X
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the Skink is almost extinct, maybe dial up Availability to a 2 or 3? 1 indicates it's readily available everywhere. You might want to boost the cost as well.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, comments on how it would work with a variety of races might also be interesting. Such as being a powerful hallucinogen for some races, and perhaps an aphrodisiac for reptilian species, such as tiss'shar.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Given the Skink is almost extinct, maybe dial up Availability to a 2 or 3? 1 indicates it's readily available everywhere. You might want to boost the cost as well.

My thought was while it was originally derived from it, it was now synthesizable... similar to PCP, in a lot of ways. Cheap, readily available. A street drug that's common enough and has a use for those who want cheap damage resistance.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you did start the original post with 'Derived'. Embarassed

I like where you're going with this. Do you have plans to introduce a rare and expensive natural version of the venom?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Ok, you did start the original post with 'Derived'. Embarassed

I like where you're going with this. Do you have plans to introduce a rare and expensive natural version of the venom?

No, but feel free to. Very Happy I just had an idle thought while driving that plopped out as Skink Venom.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that Bazine Netal, from the Force Awakens, carries a dagger coated with the neurotoxin, kouhun venom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: