The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Let's see your droid names
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Let's see your droid names Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter wanted to name her revwien protocol droid P3N15. It was a sort of failed prototype that was modified over time. I think it had languages around 6D, but also had a holoprojector and a high powered comlink. Along with the comlink it had a decent communications skill.
there was a battle where a loanshark used old clone wars era battle droids for muscle. P3 used its high powered comlink to jam the loanshark's command signal and cause the battle droids to wander about doing weird interpretive dance moves.

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The counterpart for P3N15 could easily be P3N0R.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobenhotep wrote:
My daughter wanted to name her revwien protocol droid P3N15. It was a sort of failed prototype that was modified over time. I think it had languages around 6D, but also had a holoprojector and a high powered comlink. Along with the comlink it had a decent communications skill.
there was a battle where a loanshark used old clone wars era battle droids for muscle. P3 used its high powered comlink to jam the loanshark's command signal and cause the battle droids to wander about doing weird interpretive dance moves.

Ah, the name alone. It's good when the visual pun of the spelling doesn't call itself out when roleplaying out dialogue. Those are rare.

And the dance move line reminded me of this scene of R2 from the Droids cartoon, and makes we wish we had programmed one of our GONKS with dance: moonwalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2UNzfDkxuM
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past decade, in various RPs, I've used the "-B8" suffix for the nickname Bait. Incarnations have included IT-B8, R2-B8, and Q-TB8.

I also had a short-lived protocol droid designated P-XI3, with the nickname 'Pixie." She was followed by H-XD2, "Exdeetoo." Nothing fancy there.

In my current campaign, the players fly with an NPC droid named G8-R3 (who is actually a canon character - one of the ill-fated droids aboard Queen Amidala's ship in TPM), nicknamed "'Gator," as in "Navigator." I don't imagine alligators exist in Star Wars, but you never know... there are falcons.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R4-CP3, which is a "liberated" astrodroid owned by one of my b*tches Fiachre Sthiggo.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came up with CRED. It was a protocol droid to be used for banking and fealing with myria of different species banking systems. Things like convert monetary rates, figure interest, keep bank books and such. He was an NPC.
Reaper63
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RO character had anR5 Unit that traveled with him. R5-D0 Nicknamed Deo
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
The counterpart for P3N15 could easily be P3N0R.

Or B0N3R...

My only real contribution to droid names is my stat for the Mr-5N Protocol Droid. While the stat is fully in the SWU, it contains multiple homages to Marvin the Paranoid Android from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

And if you convert the "5" in MR-5N to Roman Numerals, you get "MR-VN."

Very Happy

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
My only real contribution to droid names is my stat for the Mr-5N Protocol Droid. While the stat is fully in the SWU, it contains multiple homages to Marvin the Paranoid Android from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Very Happy

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

"I think I feel good about it." -Marvin, after he reads god's last message to his creatures and just before he shuts down for absolutely the last time ever.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Very Happy

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

"I think I feel good about it." -Marvin, after he reads god's last message to his creatures and just before he shuts down for absolutely the last time ever.

"The best conversation I had was over forty million years ago… And that was with a coffee machine."
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial Probe Droid: IC-U2
Melkor
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Sith Game I was a part of, we had a HRD (Human Replica Droid) by the designation of S3-X1 referred to as 'Sexy' or 'Zee' because of the sound Xy makes. She was more or less around solely to record everything I was doing and broadcast it uneditted up to the Holonet as part of an ongoing plan and ply against the Republic. Tragically Sexy perished in a battle above Ord Mantell, turns out a Lone Victory mkI is no match against four MC80's.
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came up with an ill-tempered astromech called R8, simply called 'Irate' by pretty much everyone.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3v1L-3d

A rebuilt 2,5 m cargo droid armed with twin e-webs and a vibro-saw and armored with electrified durasteel my character built in a camaign a long time aga.. That was 1st ed, a little more low key and no rules for droid building.
To bump up some abilities I used the viped brain from an assassin droid we defeated (IG-88 level).. In the end I could have done a better job memory viping it and it reverted to its old programming inside our cargo bay. In hyperspace. That was the closest thing we came to TPK ever.. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: