The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi and Marraige
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Jedi and Marraige Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Here's a question I've never considered...

Are Jedi empowered to officiate weddings? Because of a Jedi's status as an enforcer of the law, could they serve as minister / magistrate at a wedding ceremony?

Based on the fact they can act as judges for disputes, i don't see why they couldn't do the same for a marriage.

Yeah, hey, why not?
Dewitt667
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve come to realize that it is part of the fixing the balance of the force. The Sith are so corrupted that they are “canibalistic” that they can’t grow, and the Jedi order is so far the other direction that they are stagnic as well. I don’t refer to number of member as some people seem to get hung up on when they talk about bringing balance to the force, but they are so set in their ways that they have become inflexible and unadaptable to thing that fall outside of their rules, like strong force sensitive beings.

I find this mandate to be a simtium of this stagnation as they held Qui-gon in contemp though he was more seasoned than some of the masters on the council just because of his interpretation of the force even if it was once held by the order as a whole. This includes his the question his judgement even though they trust him train the next generation Jedi.

The psicorp analogy fit that the order wants its member loyalty to the order as much as to the force and emotional attachment comprimises that loyalty.

Sorry if I seem to get off topic, but I see the ban on emotional attachment and marriage a simtium of the larger issue that lead to the insnarement and downfall of the order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: