The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

E-11 blaster rifle (full auto setting?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> E-11 blaster rifle (full auto setting?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: E-11 blaster rifle (full auto setting?) Reply with quote

In Episode IV there is a storm trooper killed as he enters the prison block and as he falls he clearly fires his rifle into the air on full auto. The raw says only repeating blasters fire full auto, but wookieepedia says the e-11 does indeed have a full auto setting. Is this addressed anywhere in the raw?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about the RAW, but the E-11 fires full auto in the Dark Forces video games too, so I would not mind seeing a full auto mode for it as well in D6.

Though the E-11 is notorious for being hideously inaccurate in full auto mode, so wouldn't there be something like a Fire Control penalty or something for such a mode?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always considered that full auto in the Dark forces game as JUST something for the PC game. So all weapons have both a right click and left click functionality.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: E-11 blaster rifle (full auto setting?) Reply with quote

Ning Leihrec wrote:
In Episode IV there is a storm trooper killed as he enters the prison block and as he falls he clearly fires his rifle into the air on full auto. The raw says only repeating blasters fire full auto, but wookieepedia says the e-11 does indeed have a full auto setting. Is this addressed anywhere in the raw?

I disagree. "Fully automatic" has a much higher rate of fire than anything observable in a personal weapon in the SWU. The only thing that comes close is the cannon discharge from TIE fighters, some of which seem to use a rapid-fire energy cannon rather than a straight laser cannon.

It's also noteworthy that E-11s seem to be just fine in accuracy so long as they aren't shooting at the main characters of the film.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what ARE the rules for automatic fire? If I stumble upon a slugthrower machine gun, what happens when I just hold down the trigger?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
So, what ARE the rules for automatic fire? If I stumble upon a slugthrower machine gun, what happens when I just hold down the trigger?

There's no one official rule, just a hodge-pudge of concepts in various weapon stats; I use Auto-Fire dice that can be applied at the shooter's discretion.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules of Engagement (PG 64) under Light Repeating Blaster game notes;

On constant-fire mode the weapon (actually states Riot Gun, proabably a typo) fires a burst of 6 blasts per shot. Once a hit is established, all following shots against nearby (1 metre) targets are one difficulty lower

This is the rule I use for any rapid fire weapons as it is fairly easy rules-wise

Xain
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

As CRM says, there's nothing official.
Some of the HRs i have seen to aducate it.
You get a die bonus based on doing burst fire, BUT the targets being shot at are at a higher diff..
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Rules of Engagement (PG 64) under Light Repeating Blaster game notes;

On constant-fire mode the weapon (actually states Riot Gun, proabably a typo) fires a burst of 6 blasts per shot. Once a hit is established, all following shots against nearby (1 metre) targets are one difficulty lower

This is the rule I use for any rapid fire weapons as it is fairly easy rules-wise

Xain

Likewise.
denderan marajain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

I use the combined Action rules
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The siplest way to handle full auto is with the narrative. A wepon's stats, fire rate, fire control, max ranges, etc could be looked at as a composite of all of its features, similarly to how starship weapons that are fire linked simply deal "extra" damage, but only one attack roll is made; instead of an x-wing rolling four separate damage rolls, it just does more damage. Burst/auto could be handled similarly (unless you want to house rule it, or use the RoE rules mentioned above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: