The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Wheelchair Droid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Wheelchair Droid Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
Empatojayos Brand. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Empatojayos_Brand

Though if I were almost a full-body cyborg, I would hesitate to model my replacement body on an IT-O interrogator droid.

Haha, yes, this guy. I wish there had been an earlier non-Jedi example of this type of full-body cybernetics, so that he could have made it into a WEG sourcebook. Those Cam Kennedy designs from the Dark Empire series(es) were great!
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Because of this idea of wheelchair/repulsorchair droids, I'm having visions of Dune's Baron Harkonnen's antigrav harness having a droid brain (A Star Wars equivalent of a Mentat).

Words cannot describe the horror I'm feeling now. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

My first thought went here

ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
Empatojayos Brand. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Empatojayos_Brand

Though if I were almost a full-body cyborg, I would hesitate to model my replacement body on an IT-O interrogator droid.

That answers a question I posted a while back about the possibility of a Jedi B'Omarr Monk still being able to use the Force.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do you one better - remember the Iron Knights. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Knight They're basically Force-using droids. Blah blah Shards blah blah organic crystals. They're naturally occurring light-based processors - one might encounter a quantum effects issue for nanoscale fractal-like structures in their 'substrate' that in essence introduces enough randomness for 'free will', but they're nowhere as messy in their 'biology' as actual biological entities - and they should be possible to replicate.

Hilariously, one can postulate a contaminant for their crystals that would turn them insane, or make them fall to the Dark Side, by the simple expedient of changing their color. Paint It Black, indeed.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
I'll do you one better - remember the Iron Knights. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Knight They're basically Force-using droids. Blah blah Shards blah blah organic crystals. They're naturally occurring light-based processors - one might encounter a quantum effects issue for nanoscale fractal-like structures in their 'substrate' that in essence introduces enough randomness for 'free will', but they're nowhere as messy in their 'biology' as actual biological entities - and they should be possible to replicate.

Hilariously, one can postulate a contaminant for their crystals that would turn them insane, or make them fall to the Dark Side, by the simple expedient of changing their color. Paint It Black, indeed.

Now I'm afraid to jokingly say something about hyper intelligent shades of blue.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hooloovoo, yes. If they Changing universes, consider Wihr-Kohl and joke about capturing them in Faraday cages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: