The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Crew of the Duracrud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> The Crew of the Duracrud Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:

The Brain wrote:
Either he has some sort of augmented vision and is inspecting the edge of his vibro sword for flaws or he is contemplating seppuku.

Neither. He's just a dunce and didn't notice he was holding his sword wrong.

You two do not understand the ways of the Jedi. His stance is the traditional Shin-Chuck form, first developed by Jedi Master Exar Kun during the Jedi Civil War, when he used it against Darth Meetra Surik. The purpose of Shin-Chuck is to direct the enemy into attacking pre-chosen weak points, opening themselves up to a counterstroke in return. Only by sacrificing himself could Exar Kun hope to have defeated the Mandalorians that Meetra Surik brought against the Republic from her base on Onderon. It's all there in the histories.

Wink
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Ok, that epaulet . . . creepifying at the same time.

Mostly creepifying, I think. But it's cool.

The Brain wrote:
Either he has some sort of augmented vision and is inspecting the edge of his vibro sword for flaws or he is contemplating seppuku.

Neither. He's just a dunce and didn't notice he was holding his sword wrong.

Yeah, he looks a bit too happy to be contemplating seppuku. In fact, he looks like he's about to engage in a morally unambiguous fight.

"And they made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor!" 8) Mr. Green
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Ok, that epaulet . . . creepifying at the same time.

Mostly creepifying, I think. But it's cool.

Agreed, the protocol droid face-plate epaulet is excellent and shows just enough creepy imbalance.

Out of curiosity: what was the Saffron Turkey like? Can't have been the most graceful ship with a name like that... or perhaps, it was meant ironically?
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:

Out of curiosity: what was the Saffron Turkey like? Can't have been the most graceful ship with a name like that... or perhaps, it was meant ironically?

The Saffron Turkey, aka the Duracrud, is an aging CEC YG-4210. It has seen the worst end of the galaxy, and yet lived to limp away from it. A past owner attempted to use her for salvage and replaced her dorsal turret with a wrecker boom, which gives the ship an overall ungainly appearance.

But that doesn't mean she's defenseless! She has a powerful turret on her underside as well as forward arc cockpit-controlled ion blasters.

Her distinctive yellow paintjob has become a symbol of the Rebellion in some circles, while the daring and skill of her pilot has become a fast-growing legend in on the Rim.

Full size image here.

Last edited by Dustflier on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selonna and Gator

CLICK HERE FOR ART --> http://i.imgur.com/qE9rRgB.png

Yes, that's a holographic mohawk.

Selonna is a plucky, self-assured slicer. She's all attitude, all the time, and takes orders from nobody - except Tarahab, who has gained her respect. The crew "borrowed" her from a crime lord to whom she had become indentured, and she since has become an invaluable resource and permanent addition to the crew.

It's her remarkable abilities at slicing that have kept the ship one step ahead of the Empire - and always flying under a false transponder.

Her advanced cybernetics, general disdain for socialization, and skills in computer and droid programming have led her to befriend the crew's grumpy astromech.

G8-R3 prefers to go by his nickname, "Gator." Short for "Navigator" and phonetically similar to his official model number, his nickname also hints at his personality: as grumpy and ill-tempered as a Trintanian maligator.

He's certainly overdue for a memory wipe.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I am immediately stealing the holographic mohawk and/or hairstyle idea. Brilliant. When asked, I shall say that the holo-module is colloquially referred to as the "Dustflier."

2. Great ship, ridic claw!
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
1. I am immediately stealing the holographic mohawk and/or hairstyle idea. Brilliant. When asked, I shall say that the holo-module is colloquially referred to as the "Dustflier."

I appreciate this honor - though it may be misplaced. One of my players came up with the idea. We've come to call it a "holohawk" in our game.

Telsij wrote:
2. Great ship, ridic claw!

Thank you. The original art is available here, made by AdamKop on Deviantart. I just photoshopped the hell out of it for my purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: