The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hand of Thrawn Sourcebook?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Hand of Thrawn Sourcebook?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Hand of Thrawn Sourcebook? Reply with quote

Has there been any fan-made Hand of Thrawn Duology (esp. Vision of the Future) materials? I haven’t had any luck locating any.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for something in particular?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there hasn't been any. A bit of a surprise now that I think of it. Then again, I think most of the SW novels and comics that haven't had sourcebooks made for them should have.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet the Jedi Academy Trilogy Sourcebook got made somehow.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
No there hasn't been any. A bit of a surprise now that I think of it. Then again, I think most of the SW novels and comics that haven't had sourcebooks made for them should have.
cheshire wrote:

I would have traded that for an X-Wing sourcebook.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
cheshire wrote:

Whill wrote:

Which we came this close to having. From what I read, the finished product of the X-Wing Sourcebook was compiled on a CD-ROM around the time WEG lost the SW license, but the data was discovered to be corrupted.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who's to blame for that. DRL and Iceheart
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Forceally wrote:
cheshire wrote:

Whill wrote:

Which we came this close to having. From what I read, the finished product of the X-Wing Sourcebook was compiled on a CD-ROM around the time WEG lost the SW license, but the data was discovered to be corrupted.

I heard from a former WEG writer that the tales of its completion were widely exaggerated. It had moved pretty far along, but it wasn't as though it were ready to go off to the printer.

That same person had also found some of their notes that they had taken while working on the project. Unfortunately, those notes were far to scant to expand upon to make a "fan project" out of it later.

But yeah, I would have loved to have my hands on that book.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently read Wraith Squadron, and it seemed like a great way to run a RPG group. A modified Corellian Corvette as a “mini carrier,” so the PCs can launch out in individual X-Wings for fights, but otherwise travel together. The PCs themselves being commandos (each bringing diverse talents to the group) as well as pilots. Brilliant! Not surprising, considering author Allston was a RPG designer before this. And of course Stackpole (another RPG guy) laid many of the seeds in his works.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
I recently read Wraith Squadron, and it seemed like a great way to run a RPG group. A modified Corellian Corvette as a “mini carrier,” so the PCs can launch out in individual X-Wings for fights, but otherwise travel together. The PCs themselves being commandos (each bringing diverse talents to the group) as well as pilots. Brilliant! Not surprising, considering author Allston was a RPG designer before this. And of course Stackpole (another RPG guy) laid many of the seeds in his works.

That was the last X-Wing novel I read, and I do remember liking it. For Rebel campaigns I've been Spec Ops all the way, but if I ever did a military campaign this would be it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party here, but I was having trouble locating these stats in my archive of D6 Star Wars. I have no idea where they came from, it was a website that I can't remember the name of.

MOFF DISRA
This Imperial Moff survived the Battle of Endor, the death of Grand Admiral Thrawn, and the debacle of Admiral Daala, steadfastly holding onto the
Bastion Sector and a small contingent of subordinates. Ten years after the death of Thrawn, Disra found himself in a position which allowed him to
rise to power. He had been funneling Imperial credits into building a fleet of Preybird-class starfighters manufactured by Zothip and the Cavrilhu
pirates. Disra supplemented the cost of the Preybirds by supplying Zothip with cloned soldiers from Imperial stores. Then, using Flim - an actor who
strongly resembled Thrawn - Disra quickly took control of several parts of the remaining Imperial fleet.

Moff Disra
Type: Imperial Moff
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D+1, dodge 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 4D
Alien species 5D+1, bureaucracy 6D, bureaucracy: Empire 7D+2, cultures 6D+1, intimidation 5D+2, languages 5D, planetary systems 5D, streetwise 6D+1,
value 6D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Astrogation 3D+1, capital ship piloting 3D+2, communication 4D, repulsorlift operation 4D
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Bargain 8D, command 7D+2, con 10D, persuasion 7D, search 6D
STRENGTH 2D+1
Brawling 4D, stamina 3D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Computer programming/repair 3D+1, security 5D+2
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 9
Character Points: 14
Move: 10
Equipment: Blaster pistol (4D), comlink, datapad, rank code cylinder, Imperial uniform

MAJOR GRODIN TIERCE
This former Imperial stormtrooper and Royal Guard served under Moff Disra. Tierce managed to survive the destruction of the second Death Star by
the simple fact that he was not there, having been rotated out of active duty as Guardsman at the time. He later served as one of Grand Admiral Thrawn's
stormtroopers aboard the Chimaera, but didn't count on Rukh actually killing Thrawn. Tierce's unit, upon hearing of Thrawn's death, intercepted and
executed Rukh. A cold, calculating man, Tierce was drawn into Disra own plans for the remnants of the Empire as he was furthering his own schemes.
Serving as a Naval Major, Tierce tried to remain a minor aide to Disra, but felt that the old man was getting in his way. He took control of the military
aspects of their plans after Disra introduced Flim as a reborn Thrawn. Tierce recognized the short-comings of Flim's performance, and had Thrawn's
genetic records altered to match Flim's. He then cut off Disra's supply of clones to Zothip and the Cavrilhu Pirates, making it clear to Disra that the
Empire would need them more than the pirates. He claimed that he was only trying to avenge the death of Palpatine. He also learned that Thrawn had
set up a number of sleeper cells on Republic worlds, and worked to activate them in an effort to garner more troops. Tierce also hired the Vengeance
group to begin a series of ritos which, on the surface, were the result of the Caamas Incident. His work with Disra and Flim was cut short when Admiral
Pellaeon discovered that Tierce was, in fact, a clone of the original Grodin Tierce. The history files in the Imperial Records Library noted that Tierce
died in the assault on Generis while serving under the original Thrawn, ten years before the Caamas Incident. Thrawn created the clone himself, using
Tierce's fierce loyalty and soldier acumen and merging it with much of Thrawn's own intellect and cunning. The hipe was that this new regime of clones
would supplant the Imperial warlords and take control of the Empire. Pellaeon discovered that Tierce was created just two months prior to Thrawn's
death, but the experiement was cut short when Thrawn realized that he had not created a leader, just a tactically brilliant stormtrooper. Tierce was the
first - and last - of his line. Upon hearing of this, Shada D'ukal - who had accompanied Pellaeon - killed Tierce with one of her zenji needles.

Major Grodin Tierce
Type: Imperial Major
DEXTERITY 5D
Blaster 7D+1, blaster artillery 6D, brawling parry 6D+1, dodge 7D+2, melee combat 7D+1, melee parry 7D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 6D, art 6D+1, bureaucracy 4D+2, bureaucracy: Empire 6D, cultures 7D, intimidation 8D+2, streetwise 6D+1, survival 7D, tactics 9D+1,
willpower 6D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Astrogation 5D+1, capital ship piloting 6D, capital ship gunnery 4D+1, communication 4D+2, sensors 4D, space transports 5D+1, starfighter piloting 5D+2,
starship gunnery 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain 7D+1, command 8D, con 6D+2, hide 7D+2, investigation 5D, persuasion 6D+2, search 6D+2, sneak 8D
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 7D+1, climbing/jumping 7D, lifting 5D+1, stamina 8D
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer programming/repair 5D, demolitions 6D, first aid 4D, security 6D+1
Dark Side Points: 7
Character Points: 23
Equipment: Blaster pistol (4D), comlink, datapad, Imperial uniform

FLIM
This accomplished actor and impressionist was tapped by Moff Disra for his resemblance to Grand Admiral Thrawn. With a little surgical alteration
and judicious use of dyes, Flim was transformed over a two-year period to become the embodiment of Thrawn. Specialized, self-powered surface
inserts were created to make Flim's eyes glow red, and his vocal control allowed him to quiet a room in no time. When the Caamas Incident threatened
to tear the New Republic apart, Disra brought Flim out of hiding. Using a series of feints in which no real explanation was given as to Thrawn's
reappearance, Flim man successfully played the role of Thrawn, using his acting ability and as much Imperial history as he could memorize to pull
off the role. Flim managed to fool Major Tierce as well as Captain Dorja, both of whom had served under Thrawn. When the Relentless intercepted
the Lady Luck, Flim got his chance to portray Thrawn for Lando Calrissian and Porolo Miatamia. As Thrawn, he offered the New Republic the use
of his services in the resolution of the Bothan situation. They took the message back, but it was rejected by the New Republic. Flim continued to
act as Thrawn, drawing in many systems to the Empire's side, including the Ruurians and the Kroctari. When Han Solo and Calrissian were
discovered on Bastion, Flim got another chance to prove his abilities, portraying Thrawn for both Calrissian and Solo. He offered them a copy
of the Caamas Document, and implicated Borsk Fey'lya in the attack on the Combined Clans Building on Bothawui. He then let them go, knowing
that the Document he provided them had been doctored to implicate other Bothans in the destruction of Caamas. Flim's act was eventually exposed
by Admiral Pellaeon, who revealed not only Flim's background but that of Tierce. Tierce was executed by Shada D'ukal, Disra was exposed as a traitor,
and Flim simply surrendered to Pellaeon.

Flim
Type: Actor
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 3D+2, dodge 4D, melee combat 4D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Alien species 4D+1, art 3D+2, bureaucracy: Empire 4D+1, cultures 7D+2, intimidation 10D, languages 4D+2, scholar: acting 11D+1, streetwise 6D, tactics 3D+2
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Communication 3D+2, repulsorlift operation 4D
PERCEPTION 4D
Bargain 9D+1, command 8D+2, con 11D, persuasion 9D+2, search 5D
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 3D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer programming/repair 3D, security 4D
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 11
Equipment: Comlink, datapad, rank code cylinder, Grand Admiral uniform

Hopefully some one will get some use out of them

Xain
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know the website you're talking about. The site had stats for some of the characters from the Rogue Squadron novels, Crimson Empire comics, the Solo twins and their friends, and some other stats too. Don't recall the name of it right now, but I can do a search for it and see if the site is still up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: