The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Resist Stun Force Power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Resist Stun Force Power
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Resist Stun Force Power Reply with quote

Am I missing something with this Force power? It seems fine until I caught the Time to Effect-one minute. It seems to make the combat power useless. If your Jedi is attacked and not prepared this ability then it would take you 12 combat rounds in order to use it. Else I would have to be like a stereotypical D&D player as in being paranoid and before any action anywhere state Im going to take a minute and prepare myself which seems out of flavor with the game. Also in my games another factor is the rarity of Stunned results to make this tactic useful.

Thoughts?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO its one of those powers you plan to use ahead of time knowing you are going to get into combat.
Similar to combat mind, ignore pain and the like.
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Garhkal. The exemple given to explain it make me suppose it is activated during a fight thus it powers up instantanously.

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the Jedi with massive skills had problems doing things to much MAP
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
IMO its one of those powers you plan to use ahead of time knowing you are going to get into combat.
Similar to combait mind, ignore pain and the like.

I looked at.control.pain and I couldn't find time to.effect at all. Still though, that takes.away from.the.Force as I see it. Jedi.and Sith should be able to call on the Force at anytime. (Now success is a.different thing)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually a # of powers from the MAIN rule book that list a "time to use" line..

Accelerate healing, Control disease, Detox poison, resist stun, Magnify senses, postcognition, accelerate another's healing, control another's disease, place another in hybernation trance, transfer force. All have a time to use line from 3 rounds (mag senses) up to 30 minutes or more (control disease or another's disease)..

The fan made sourcebook the complete force power book (made by cheshire), lists the following powers (compiled from many sources) as needing a 'time to use'..
Control powers;
Accelerate healing - 1 minute
Control disease - 30 minutes or longer depending on the disease)
Detox poison - 5 minutes
Instinctive astrogation - 1 minute
Resist stun - 1 minute

Sense powers;
Magnify senses - 3 rounds
Postcognition - 5 minutes but you can add to the difficulty (+10) per minute shaved off
Predict natural disaster - 15 minutes though may be reduced in 5 min increments by shifting the difficulty up one category (easy to moderate, difficult to very difficult) to a minimum of 1 minute
Sense force potential - 6 rounds (which at 5 seconds per round is 30 seconds)

Control and alter powers;
Farseeing - at least one minute

Control and alter powers;
Accelerate another's healing - 1 minute
Control another's disease - 1 minute
Detox poison in another - 5 minutes
Place another in hybernation trance - 5 minutes
Transfer force - 1 minute

Control sense and alter powers;
Battle meditation - 5 minutes

None of the fan made powers, the sith specific ones or the converted from d20 ones though list any 'time to use'..
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garkhal are you listing some powers from Tales of the Jedi? I don't recognize some of the ones listed. Healing other people I don't mind taking longer. However Magnify senses doesn't make sense since you can use Enhance Attribute to better effect. Btw for myself, Im going to evaulate each power.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, Garkhal I missed where you said you got your list from.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja-Bear wrote:
Garkhal are you listing some powers from Tales of the Jedi? I don't recognize some of the ones listed. Healing other people I don't mind taking longer. However Magnify senses doesn't make sense since you can use Enhance Attribute to better effect. Btw for myself, Im going to evaulate each power.

Enhance attrib on Perception, though can't make you all of a sudden see 4k away (where magnify senses to make your eyes into binoculars could), or let you hear something in a different freq spectrum....
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Ninja-Bear wrote:

Enhance attrib on Perception, though can't make you all of a sudden see 4k away (where magnify senses to make your eyes into binoculars could), or let you hear something in a different freq spectrum....

Accodring to enhance attritube you can see farther than normal. I agrree with the spirit of.the power can't gain a unnatural sense for.the species. I believe that there is a different Jedi power for that.

However Im getting the impression that you are justifying to to effect for Jedi powers because that is what is written. Am I correct? The problem with that though is that we all know that WEG is consitantly inconsistant. Im mean in TotJ the max that a knife can do with is 6D however a sword is maxed at 4D should I use that just because its printed?
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that magnify senses can alter senses that are available to you. Tgis one reason why I wanted to talk about resist stun. Im looking at Jedi piwers on a base by base case.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja-Bear wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Ninja-Bear wrote:

Accodring to enhance attritube you can see farther than normal. I agrree with the spirit of.the power can't gain a unnatural sense for.the species. I believe that there is a different Jedi power for that.

Well looking at the write up for enhance attribute and comparing it to magnify senses, the former just says "you can see further", but under the latter, though it doesn't give you the capacity to hear something like say a RF signal, it does let you hear/see stuff you would have HAD to use a piece of tech to do before hand..
Which to me makes it stronger than EA..
gavin storm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With most powers there are always ways around them. A punch to the face, before hitting them with a stun weapon usually does the trick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: