The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Movement house rule
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Movement house rule Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, your game, your rules, but how is it not valid to say "Movement costs an action because it requires some of your attention, as evidenced by how much easier it is to do things when not moving?"
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree, your game, your rules, but how is it not valid to say "Movement costs an action because it requires some of your attention, as evidenced by how much easier it is to do things when not moving?"

Oh, it is completely valid MrNexx as the RAW in the WEG Star Wars D6 books make faster than cautious movement cost an action in combat. I wouldn't argue that at all in general.

But could it not be argued that ANY movement should cost an action on the same evidence you presented?

Not that I would argue that, mind you.

The discussion started with a question about making the Base move of a creature, vehicle or starship the actual default move in a specific person's campaign. I do this (only for characters though) and it works fine for me, you have a different opinion that you put forward, which is great.

Everyone having the same opinion, is nobody having any opinion.

Quote:
Well, stop slapping yourself then! Laughing

Oh, I try garhkal, I really do try (in your face Yoda) Smile

Xain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: