The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Casting? Do You or Would You?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Casting? Do You or Would You? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd, I've seen quite a few Tom Hanks movies, but not nearly all of them. I saw Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan (both of which I have on DVD, Phillidelphia, but I never saw Big (except for the ending), the Dan Brown movies, nor Castaway. I can't even remember what other movies he did.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any of his recent movies. Embarassed
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
It's odd, I've seen quite a few Tom Hanks movies, but not nearly all of them. I saw Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan (both of which I have on DVD, Phillidelphia, but I never saw Big (except for the ending), the Dan Brown movies, nor Castaway. I can't even remember what other movies he did.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any of his recent movies. Embarassed

Joe v. the Volcano.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Joe v. the Volcano.

That one I did see once in the theater but I forgot about it...because it was an eminently forgettable movie. Confused
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest Gump? Tell me you've seen that at least.

The Dan Brown movies are forgettable for me.

Charlie Wilson's War was excellent, except Hanks wouldn't do it unless the script was altered to have a happy ending. (The original ending would have been better in my book, but the movie was still excellent and has Julia Roberts. Philip Seymour Hoffman's character cusses a lot and is generally hilarious.)
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:

Um... (Translation: That is an oversight that I will have to rectify in the future.)

Error wrote:
Charlie Wilson's War was excellent, except Hanks wouldn't do it unless the script was altered to have a happy ending. (The original ending would have been better in my book, but the movie was still excellent and has Julia Roberts. Philip Seymour Hoffman's character cusses a lot and is generally hilarious.)

I remember the title of this movie, but I still have to see it.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Error wrote:

Um... (Translation: That is an oversight that I will have to rectify in the future.)

Error wrote:

I remember the title of this movie, but I still have to see it.

How old are you? lol

I try to stay away from known individuals when imagining what my NPC's look like. Though I think it may be better for some players to have something in mind whenever they're imagining an NPC.

"You turn down the alley, and it seems that you have surprised someone in the middle of their work. A figure who was kneeling before something that was propped up against the alley wall jumps up as soon as he hears you. He takes one look at you, and runs away the other direction. The only things you noticed about him is that he was human and he looked strangely like Tom Hanks. Actually, he was a dead ringer for Tom Hanks."

TOM HANKS TRANSPORTED TO STAR WARS UNIVERSE AND UNABLE TO RETURN, details at 6

(I find this so funny that I may just transport Tom Hanks to my SWU and set him up as a very confused criminal lackey who keeps babbling on and on about things called "movies" and claims that he's some sort of holo actor, from some place called Erth, and all he wants to do is get back.)
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
"You turn down the alley, and it seems that you have surprised someone in the middle of their work. A figure who was kneeling before something that was propped up against the alley wall jumps up as soon as he hears you. He takes one look at you, and runs away the other direction. The only things you noticed about him is that he was human and he looked strangely like Tom Hanks. Actually, he was a dead ringer for Tom Hanks."

TOM HANKS TRANSPORTED TO STAR WARS UNIVERSE AND UNABLE TO RETURN, details at 6

(I find this so funny that I may just transport Tom Hanks to my SWU and set him up as a very confused criminal lackey who keeps babbling on and on about things called "movies" and claims that he's some sort of holo actor, from some place called Erth, and all he wants to do is get back.)

This is hilarious. Laughing I can't see Tom Hanks becoming a criminal lackey without going insane, though. He's too much of a decent guy to become a criminal otherwise.

But then again, how many of us haven't imagined being transported to the SWU and wondering what would happen to us once we got there? If we got there with just the clothes on our backs, how would we cope with such a thing, assuming we could cope at all? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: