The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Teen gaming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Teen gaming Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx are you looking for advice on how to run for a bunch of teenagers and preteens? Are you looking for adventure format? Are you looking for an adventure outline? Are you looking for an pre-made adventure you can run?

Below is a link to a file I created and plunked onto DropBox. It is adapted from the pick your own path from the rules. I have run it in about 2 1/2 hours. You could probably do it faster.

Star Wars: Freedom for Edan
Episode I: Sneak Attack
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went pretty well. We had 3 people, one of whom had to leave as the chase started, and so someone else filled in. They grew wary of the wild die, and my dice fair sucked.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it went well.

They grew wary of it, as in they were afraid to roll for fear of getting a 1? Wow, how often did they get a 1?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

They grew wary of it, as in they were afraid to roll for fear of getting a 1? Wow, how often did they get a 1?

Not often, actually. However, two of them were early... Entering the compound on a rope, their sniper rolled a 1 and fell on the fence... then fell on the ground, wounded and stunned. Then they were still stealthing through the compound when the infiltrator got a 1 shooting his silenced slugthrower (thus leading to me saying that the silencer had disengaged and the shot rang out).

Truth to be told, I rolled a lot more 1s than they did.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Then they were still stealthing through the compound when the infiltrator got a 1 shooting his silenced slugthrower (thus leading to me saying that the silencer had disengaged and the shot rang out).

That's a pretty brilliant use of a 1, though. You made it a complication without necessarily making it a failure to hit. Nicely done.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Then they were still stealthing through the compound when the infiltrator got a 1 shooting his silenced slugthrower (thus leading to me saying that the silencer had disengaged and the shot rang out).

That's a pretty brilliant use of a 1, though. You made it a complication without necessarily making it a failure to hit. Nicely done.

Oh, no, he still failed to hit. His roll was crap, on top of that 1. It was a relatively long-distance shot in the dark, in a skill he was rolling straight dex on.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
cheshire wrote:

Not often, actually. However, two of them were early... Entering the compound on a rope, their sniper rolled a 1 and fell on the fence... then fell on the ground, wounded and stunned. Then they were still stealthing through the compound when the infiltrator got a 1 shooting his silenced slugthrower (thus leading to me saying that the silencer had disengaged and the shot rang out).

Truth to be told, I rolled a lot more 1s than they did.

Some creative/comical (in a way) complications for 1s there. But i can see people becoming wary of it cause 2 straight 1s, netted complications..

MrNexx wrote:

Oh, no, he still failed to hit. His roll was crap, on top of that 1. It was a relatively long-distance shot in the dark, in a skill he was rolling straight dex on.

In that case, i might have had his gun jam up.. Or the bullet be corroded/under powdered or something so when it went off, or the bullet was a dud so didn't even fire.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

In that case, i might have had his gun jam up.. Or the bullet be corroded/under powdered or something so when it went off, or the bullet was a dud so didn't even fire.

And I'm assuming you'd need to clear that obstruction.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Make a firearm repair roll, moderate to do so.. Had it happen to ME sinc my pc loves using firearms....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: