The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Need recommendations for a 2-person scout craft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Need recommendations for a 2-person scout craft. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Need recommendations for a 2-person scout craft. Reply with quote

Just as the title suggests, I need some suggestions for this. Scout craft on the larger side might be usable as well, meaning ones with a small cargo space, maybe big enough for an astromech droid.

Links to pictures and/or stat pages much appreciated. Also, I do have the Ships document, so page quotations are fine too. In fact I have all the stuff so any reference is good.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarification.

Is this for a private enterprise or is the ship being supplied by an employer? i.e. Imperial, Old/New Republic, Corporation?

Star Cab

Craft: Orlean Star Explorer
Type: Ancient Exploration Vessel
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 70 meters
Skill: Space transport piloting
Crew: 1 Human, 3 Droid
Passengers: 11
Cargo Capacity: 100 metric tons; 40 cuic meters
Consumables: 5 Years
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x10
Nav Computer: None (Astromech Droid)
Maneuverability: 1D
Space: 8
Atmosphere: 365; 1050 km/h
Hull: 4D
Shields: 0D
Sensors:
Passive: 10/1D
Scan: 15/2D
Search: 25/3D
Focus: 3/4D
Weapons:
4 Blaster Cannons
Fire Arc: 2 front, 2 rear
Crew: 1 (usually droid)
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 0D
Space Range: 1-4/15/20
Atmosphere Range: 100-400m/1.5/2 km
Damage: 2D
Capsule: The Orlean Star Explorer, colloquially known as the Star Cab, was an exploration vessel considered ancient by the time of the New Republic Scout Service. Star Cabs were frequently crewed by droids, presumably to minimize consumption of air, water, and food during long surveys. The standard navigation droid equipped on Star Cabs may have been an ancient predecessor to the R2-series astromech droid. Scouts who served aboard Star Cabs for extended periods were said to develop disagreeable attitudes toward the ships' droid crews. Luskin Exovar kept a Star Cab hanging from the ceiling of his emporium along with several other vehicles.
Star Cabs originated early enough in Galactic history that hyperdrive units were not yet completely reliable. A Star Cab's Class 10 hyperdrive was much slower than those employed by most New Republic scouts; indeed, by that era a Class 10 would have been a more common speed for a backup hyperdrive (which the Star Cab lacked entirely).
Star Cabs were usually heavily armed, considering the wilder state of the Galaxy in their heyday. (However, they lacked shields, possibly due to technological constraints at the time.) Their standard armament consisted of four blaster cannons, two firing forward and two aft.

Last edited by ForbinProject on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouts book, Vanguarrd pathfinder, MRX-BR pacifier.. Both would work great for a 2 man crew.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redthorn Scoutship: Has a 2-man crew, is way more modern that the Star Cab, has 6 months of Consumables, Source: Planets Collection (page 118)

SkyBlind Recon Ship: One of my personal scout ship favorites. Uses sensor blinds to conceal its presence, so it's basically a stealth scout. Has a landing sphere that can't go very far from its mothership or a heavy gravity zone (such as a planet), so it's only good for traveling to and from orbit between a planet and its mothership. Only has a Class 3 hyperdrive with a Class 20(!) backup and manuevers like a pig (0D manuverability!) and isn't very fast (only Space 2) but its stealth systems are more than enough to keep it from being easily detected. Only requires a single crewmember, but it does have room for up to 7 passengers, more than enough room for an astromech droid if the nav comp goes down for some reason. Source: Galaxy Guide 8 – Scouts (page 38 ). Landing sphere stats found at: (Vehicles Stats – page 88 )
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I royally hated that they never gave those ships in scouts a Price.. So whn someone wants to buy one, i know how much to charge..
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I royally hated that they never gave those ships in scouts a Price.. So whn someone wants to buy one, i know how much to charge..

Did you mean the cost for the RedThorn? Cost: 55,000 credits (used only according to the D20 to D6 Starships conversion PDF)

The cost for the SkyBlind? Take a gander at this: Cost: 1,120,000 (new), 560,000 (used)

But yeah, now that you mentioned it, I went back to GG 8: Scouts and just noticed that none of the ships in there have a Cost. Most unusual but at least some scout ships detailed in GG 8 have a cost in the D20 to D6 Starships PDF.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, here's the backstory:

Two characters hijack an Imperial Lambda-class shuttle and take it to a junk world where there is a station in orbit that will pay for salvaged or broken ships (and sometimes stolen ones). However, the station owners won't pay for freshly-hijacked Imperial ships because they wish to avoid drawing attention to themselves from the Empire.

So the two park the shuttle at the edge of the system and regroup. They decide to wait for a big salvage liner to come by (hopefully with a crusher aboard). One shows up and tractor beams them aboard after a brief com exchange. The captain offers them either 8,000 credits for the shuttle as-is (which he can either fence himself elsewhere, disassemble and sell piecemeal, or crush and sell for materials), or they can trade it to him for a two-person scout craft he had found with mummified bodies on board (hyperdrive error killed them, basically).

They ask the captain if he has repaired the hyperdrive and done diagnostics on any other systems that could have gone bad, but he says he hasn't. However, since he does have the parts and tools aboard needed for such repairs, he offers to let the two use the storage pad where the scout craft is parked as a makeshift garage so they can repair it themselves. So it's this second craft that I need ideas for. It would have been abandoned property—the captain checked into this when he picked it up. It also needs to have decent armament; a pair of laser cannons, a single ion cannon, and an ordnance tube for concussion missiles would be optimal though I am not sure how many two-seater scout craft out there have that kind of firepower. It would also need shields and at least an x1 hyperdrive.

The captain tells them that when he picked up the craft it appeared brand new, or at least well cared-for, which means the hyperdrive error occurred and eventually killed the crew before the ship could pick up any serious wear and tear.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some links for your consideration:

My version of the Incom A-24 Sleuth

The HWK-290, restated as a Scout/Courier.

Also, here is the link for the Star Wars Deckplans Alliance, with detailed deck plans for the Sleuth and the Skyblind mentioned above.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this out and see if it works for you:

Quote:

SSC-1e Heavy Scout
Craft: GalaxVessel SSC-1e Heavy Scout
Type: Armed scout vessel
Length: 32 meters
Skill: Space transports: Baudo yacht
Crew: 1; Gunners: 3
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 15 metric tons
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: 25,000 (used only)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x16
Nav Computer: Yes
Space: 5
Atmosphere: 295; 850 kph
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
--Passive: 20/1D
--Scan: 40/1D+2
--Search: 65/2D
--Focus: 3/3D
Weapons:
2 Laser Cannons
--Fire Arc: Turret (top and bottom)
--Crew: 1 (gunner)
--Scale: Starfighter
--Skill: Starship gunnery
--Fire Control: 2D
--Space Range: 1-3/12/25
--Atmosphere Range: 100-300/2.2/2.5 km
--Damage: 4D
1 Ion Cannon
--Fire Arc: Forward (under cockpit)
--Space Range: 1-3/7/36
--Atmosphere Range: 100-300/700/3.6 km
--Damage: 4D (ionization)
2 Concussion Missile Tubes (fire-linked)
--Fire Arc: Front (left and right of cockpit)
--Crew: 1 (pilot)
--Fire Control: 1D
--Space Range: 1/3/7
--Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700
--Ammo: 12 missiles
--Damage: 10D

Game Notes: Due to a design flaw in their hyperdrive, GalaxVessel went out of business roughly one hundred years ago. If the ship still uses the original hyperdrive anytime an astrogation check fails by 10 or more and a 1 appears on the Wild Die, the ship misjumps but also navigation, ion engines, maneuvering and hyerprdrive all all lock out. Six to eights hours and a heroic (30+) starship repair skill is required to reset the system.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Try this out and see if it works for you:

Quote:

SSC-1e Heavy Scout
Craft: GalaxVessel SSC-1e Heavy Scout
Type: Armed scout vessel
Length: 32 meters
Skill: Space transports: Baudo yacht
Crew: 1; Gunners: 3
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 15 metric tons
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: 25,000 (used only)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x16
Nav Computer: Yes
Space: 5
Atmosphere: 295; 850 kph
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
--Passive: 20/1D
--Scan: 40/1D+2
--Search: 65/2D
--Focus: 3/3D
Weapons:
2 Laser Cannons
--Fire Arc: Turret (top and bottom)
--Space Range: 1-3/12/25
--Atmosphere Range: 100-300/2.2/2.5 km
--Damage: 4D
1 Ion Cannon
--Fire Arc: Forward (under cockpit)
--Space Range: 1-3/7/36
--Atmosphere Range: 100-300/700/3.6 km
--Damage: 4D (ionization)
2 Concussion Missile Tubes (fire-linked)
--Fire Arc: Front (left and right of cockpit)
--Crew: 1 (pilot)
--Fire Control: 1D
--Space Range: 1/3/7
--Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700
--Ammo: 12 missiles
--Damage: 10D

Game Notes: Due to a design flaw in their hyperdrive, GalaxVessel went out of business roughly one hundred years ago. If the ship still uses the original hyperdrive anytime an astrogation check fails by 10 or more and a 1 appears on the Wild Die, the ship misjumps but also navigation, ion engines, maneuvering and hyerprdrive all all lock out. Six to eights hours and a heroic (30+) starship repair skill is required to reset the system.

Oh man. That's the one. Is there a picture of it anywhere? I hope there is because I would like to visualize it. And why Space transports: Baudo yacht rather than Space transports: Heavy scout as the skill to specialize in? Seems way out of place lol.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Some links for your consideration:

My version of the Incom A-24 Sleuth

The HWK-290, restated as a Scout/Courier.

Also, here is the link for the Star Wars Deckplans Alliance, with detailed deck plans for the Sleuth and the Skyblind mentioned above.

I like these a lot too. I may have to sit back and compare them with the one above. Thank you!
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are the HWK-290's? As in what years were they produced? I can only seem to see them during the Rise of the Empire era and later. I need something that could plausibly exist in 9 BBY and be old then.

What if I used, say, something called a HWK-150 or HWK-200 which looks like a more rounded, heavier, and retro-looking version of the HWK-290. It is a sturdy ship though with very reliable sublight engines. Holds 12 warheads for the launcher. One pilot and one gunner. 2 heavy laser cannon (fire-linked) and 1 multipurpose warhead launcher. Six advanced concussion missiles, two magnetic pulse torpedoes, two sensor probes, two mimic decoys (programmed with multiple other ships and variants on them). The nose does not contain the crew quarters but the extra warheads, so the forward fire arc is visible to both pilot and gunner from the cockpit. In fact the cockpit is shaped like a half barrel on its side a ways back from the nose of the ship. The crew area is located behind it. The Pilot sits lower in front and the gunner sits higher behind. Both have heads-up displays.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
Oh man. That's the one. Is there a picture of it anywhere? I hope there is because I would like to visualize it. And why Space transports: Baudo yacht rather than Space transports: Heavy scout as the skill to specialize in? Seems way out of place lol.

Glad I was able to help you with a ship. No there is no picture or deckplan as I created it. I envisioned something smaller than a YT-1300 freighter, but still had the gunwell that joined the dorsal and ventral turrets. The forwarded mounted ion canon is a gun station immediately under the cockpit, similar to the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels. The twin concussion missile tubes would be to the left and right of the cockpit. The cockpit is small but bulbous, allowing one person to operate the ship. It does have another station immediately behind the pilot that can used by a co-pilot. This is a fold down chair station and doesn't have the same amenities as the captain's chair. Though not listed, the ship has one escape pod and is designed so that the cockpit acts as a escape pod as well, disconnecting either by the pilot or by preset conditions in the starship's systems.

The crew berths are small, but functional, with recessed beds, drawers, tables and storage compartments. Space is of the essence, so little is wasted. The ship lift action area has some recreation available and a small attached galley.

The engine room is small but functional. The cargo area is small but again functional and has controls that allow it to be set to many different needs including no life support at all. A small machine/electronic shop is next to the cargo bay area.

The ship has two exit ramps and a cargo bay lift.

The space transports was just an editing mistake and should be changed to space transports: SSC-1e.

Hope all of that helps.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our community members has put together the exterior and deckplans for this ship, so please enjoy and if you think about it, visit his homepage.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad... Give him my cudos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: