The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My Story is very close to being done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> My Story is very close to being done!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enderborn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: My Story is very close to being done! Reply with quote

So here is my story so far.
Act 1
The Players are in the middle of stealing a luxury speeder from a local gang controlled warehouse, the gang stole the luxury speeder from the Wairu Syndicate. The Wairu Syndicate is a major syndicate located on Kyben, who hired the players to steal back the speeder. The must escape the warehouse with the speeder and bring it across a river to the Wairu Syndicate HQ. Once the players are there the leader of the gang who stole the speeder, returns with thugs for revenge. If the players defeat the gang the Wairu Syndicate will offer them a job to investigate a Wairu Syndicate owned mining colony that has gone silent.
Act 2
After taking off from the planet Kyben to go to the mining colony, a TIE fighter questions the players on the reason of there departure. If the players don't convince him of the reason they are leaving the TIE fighter will either attack them outright or try to arrest them. Upon entering the mining colony they discover the mining colony has been devastated by the Empire and is being searched for something. In the center of the colony is five cages, with a beaten and injured ma bin each. Only one of the men are alive. Once that man is free he tells the men his story.
The men in the cages were Rebel sympathizers who considered starting their own rebellion in the Ilis Sector. The men began compiling a list of other Rebel Sympathizers nearby when the Empire found out, raided the camp, and imprisoned them. While the Empire was raiding the Empire the man hid the list of Sympathizers in the mines. Now the Empire is searching for the datatape that has the list on it.
The man says that if the players retrieve the list and bring it to the Wairu Syndicate, who will keep it from the Empire, the man will cause a distraction while the players search the mine. To get to the list the players must first get past a ray shield, make their way through the mines which is heavily guarded by Stormtroopers, retrieve the datatapes, then escape the mines.
Climax : Once the players have reached there starship with the datatapes, and are ready to make there escape they are confronted by a Imperial Security Droid (Like K2SO). The Imperial Security Droid attempts to stop the players from leaving.
Act 3
Once the players are in space on their way back to the Wairu Syndicate a group of TIE Fighters attempt to intercept them. There are two ending that I will let happen. If the TIE fighters defeat the players, the players will be taken to an Imperial Star Destroyer and captured (for the time being), or if the players survive and land back on the surface of Kyben in their docking bay. If the second happens, and it likely will, then I will make it seem like everything is okay and then suddenly have the docking bay raided by the Empire and then THE END.
I want to end it on a cliff hanger. The next adventure will have the players trying to run from the Empire and reach the Wairu Syndicate.
The Title of this will be Star Wars: Darkness Over Kyben
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Why would Rebel sympathizers make a list of other Rebel sympathizers? That's a great way to compromise the covers of the Rebels you're trying to join. Yes, trying to find out who to contact in order to join the Rebellion is perfectly plausible, but committing that list to a hard copy instead of just memorizing said list is just begging for trouble if that list falls into the wrong hands. (Now if that list were written down and then encrypted, that would make more sense.... In that case, the PCs have a small reprieve if the Imps get to the list first; the Imps will need a bit of time to decrypt the list, giving the PCs a chance to steal the list back before the Imps can decrypt it.)

2) Also, why would the Empire imprison people in a bunch of cages in the middle of nowhere? Wouldn't it make more sense to stick them in a detention block in a garrison until they can be put on a shuttle to a proper Imperial prison facility? If, for whatever reason, the Imps don't have the time to move the miners to a detention block, they would still be handcuffed and under guard. That's much easier and more efficient than making a bunch of makeshift cages (or dragging along portable modular cages if such things even exist).

3) TIE fighters are straight-up combat ships. They not used (AFAIK) for interdiction; that's more the role of an Imperial Customs patrol ship. Then again, if this sector is being actively blockaded, being accosted by TIEs make a bit of sense, but I'd expect that TIE to have a wingman, at the very least. (That lone TIE fighter that the Millennium Falcon found at Alderaan probably did get lost from his wingman and was running back to the Death Star.) Not to mention that unless the PCs have jamming gear on their ship, if they attack the TIE(s), those TIEs are going to call for reinforcements and said reinforcements are going to arrive very quickly since this is a blockaded system.

Aside from all this, you have a pretty good first draft.

EDIT: Oh, and be sure to delete the duplicated thread so all the replies are in one place.
Enderborn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Good Suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I will use the idea of having the datatapes encrypted. I think it would add some excitement if the players take too much time in the mines, I can have the players overhear some stormtroopers small talking about how the others finally found that list they were looking for but it looks like it needs to be decoded. It will make the players feel like the Empire is getting closer to finding out what exactly is on the list.
Also the thing about the prisoners in cages. I just thought it would be an interesting scenario to have to wait sneak into the center of the mining colony and free someone from a cage, but I will consider changing it.
Also I, as you also seem to have realized, thought that I would have TIE fighters patrolling above major spaceports in the Ilis Sector because of the tough blockade. As for when the ship is leaving the mining colony, then the Empire knows the ship is unfriendly and is expecting a fight.
Sorry about posting a duplicate, I didn't know I had until i checked back for replies.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter.the ship, I found having a top and bottom gunner like the Falcon is useful to engage more players.

Edit: Im going to have to remeber jamming equipment on our own ship next.game!

Last edited by Ninja-Bear on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also to reply to Sutehp, perhaps the the the data list was originally an Imperial list which said Rebels stole and now the Empire wants back?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja-Bear wrote:
Also to reply to Sutehp, perhaps the the the data list was originally an Imperial list which said Rebels stole and now the Empire wants back?

Yeah, that has some interesting story possibilities as well. If the Syndicate has an inside man who stumbled across/found that list in an Imperial database and then downloaded that list into a datapad and then erased the list from the Imp database and then GTFO of Dodge (translation: he got the f*** out of there and ran for his life)...yeah, that has some interesting plot theads for Enderborn to work with.

It seems to parallel the story of ANH and RO (i.e. steal the plans and get them to Good Guy HQ) but eh, stealing codes from the enemy is what you have to do (and more times than once) if you want to win a war, so it doesn't bother me that this plot might seem derivative.
Enderborn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: A New Idea! Reply with quote

So heres a new Idea.
A Rebel spy was spying on a Imperial Prison which was built into a Asteroid in the Asteroid Belt which I mentioned a post a while back. Once he heard that a Blockade was to be formed he stole a list of wanted Rebel Sympathizers, and possible possible Rebel Sympathizers that are on the Empires watchlist in the sector. After he stole the list the Spy attempted to escape the sector, but the blockade was already being formed before he could escape. The Spy decided to lie low in the mining colony and he did for a few months until he decided that he should continue his duty to the Rebellion and attempted to recruit other miners to his cause. One of the fellow miners sold him out to the Empire which then raided the colony. Before he was captured the spy hid the datatape which contained the list.
What do you guys think?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A New Idea! Reply with quote

Enderborn wrote:
So heres a new Idea.
A Rebel spy was spying on a Imperial Prison which was built into a Asteroid in the Asteroid Belt which I mentioned a post a while back. Once he heard that a Blockade was to be formed he stole a list of wanted Rebel Sympathizers, and possible possible Rebel Sympathizers that are on the Empires watchlist in the sector. After he stole the list the Spy attempted to escape the sector, but the blockade was already being formed before he could escape. The Spy decided to lie low in the mining colony and he did for a few months until he decided that he should continue his duty to the Rebellion and attempted to recruit other miners to his cause. One of the fellow miners sold him out to the Empire which then raided the colony. Before he was captured the spy hid the datatape which contained the list.
What do you guys think?

Sounds fine except maybe (and I emphasize "maybe") make it a few weeks instead of months of hiding out. A trained Rebel spy wouldn't take that long to wait without finding some alternate way of contacting his superiors (unless all of his contacts got burned and he really is alone). OTOH, if the Rebel was forced to lie low for a few months and the Imperials are still trying to find him even with the trail being cold for three months (or more!) only hammers home just how hard the Empire is trying to find him even after all that time. And if he confided in his fellow miners because he was desperate to find a way offworld, that works too, especially if he was so desperate he confided in the wrong guy.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enderborn I like your new scenerio. One other question is why would Waiku keep it? Is it blackmail against your PCs?
Enderborn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions.
Someone asked why the Wairu Syndicate would keep the list and to be honest that is a plot hole. I guess I could always have the Spy just say to retrieve the plans and get as far away as possible. As for why the Spy wouldnt leave with them, its because he was already weak and the Empire would only hunt him harder and be closer on his trail then before now that they know that he is still alive and close to Kyben.
So any more suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: