The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Do we have...(or want)...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Do we have...(or want)... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like a separate forum for non-SW D6 discussions, e.g. "The Water Cooler" or something like that?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Possibly, but needs more discussion.
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 18

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
I would welcome a general subforum, but only if it's called "Mos Eisley: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy."

That is...oddly appropriate. Shocked
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. That's great. However, I would cut the Mos Eisley part and just call it "A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy".

Also, misgivings of others or not, I am a member of at least three other very specific forums that have "water cooler" forums for people to talk about their hobbies or whatever comes to their minds (except politics and religion, usually, though even the sites that permit those make it clear that discussions of that nature need to be conducted with decorum [I personally don't see a need for anyone to be discussing politics or religion publicly here]).

None of them have turned into holes for arguments de trop or any other kind of degenerate garbage. If anyone wants the links to those, they can PM me; but I will put one here: MTG Salvation (Magic: the Gathering forum). The description there reads: "This forum is meant for general Outside Magic discussions. News about a fisherman in Canada seeing Sasquatch. A thread discussing your trip to Canada. Things to do when in Spain." (A word about that particular forum, though; they do allow political talk. EDIT: I inferred this from some of the topic titles; I have never actually visited a vitriolic political topic on purpose.)
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so the votes ended up as follows:

6 - Possibly, but needs more discussion.
5 - No.
4 - Yes.

Folks who voted No—what are your biggest concerns?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
Ok, so the votes ended up as follows:

6 - Possibly, but needs more discussion.
5 - No.
4 - Yes.

Folks who voted No—what are your biggest concerns?

David Willis sums it up pretty well.

Shortpacked

Basically, I know y'all from Star Wars and only Star Wars, and would rather keep it that way.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. You don't have to visit it. Plus I doubt there'd be a lot of gut dumping anyway...
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the sort of people who post here don't seem likely to abuse a general forum. And those that would are (or would be) already plunking miscellaneous posts in this subforum.

It's just a matter of organization.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
Honestly, the sort of people who post here don't seem likely to abuse a general forum. And those that would are (or would be) already plunking miscellaneous posts in this subforum.

It's just a matter of organization.

I couldn't agree more. The level of maturity here is about twenty stages higher than Reddit and 1000 stages over 4chan. The likelihood of anyone abusing a general forum here is beyond low, which is what I keep trying to tell people...

And it bears repeating every time I post in this thread: It's just an experiment! It's not forever unless we like it! I feel like many of the naysayers are ignoring this...a behavior which is called being obtuse.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: