The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Anyone have stats somewhere for this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Anyone have stats somewhere for this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradywan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Anyone have stats somewhere for this? Reply with quote

I am infatuated with the Raptor from Battlestar Galactica. I'd like to add these to a homebrew campaign I'm planning. Before I just "make it up" I wanted to see if the community had anything.

My vision, if you will, would be use similar to that in BSG. A scout ship, a support vessel in space combat, shuttle between capital ships, and so on.

Speed: 7
Weapons: None standard, mission dependent
Crew 3: 2 can coordinate
Passengers 3? 5?
Equipment: electronic countermeasure support, decoys

Above average sensors?
Some type of jamming, like an A-Wing?

What do you all suggest?

Thanks for reading
Bradywan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Edit*

I forgot to add that I found actual stats for the D20 BSG game, as well as a brief description.

"Raptor
Image: Unknown possibly Zoic Studios
Stats from RPG
Agi d8, Str d8, Vit d8, Ale d10, Int d8, Wil d6;
LP 14; Init d8+d10; Scale Planetcraft
Speed 7 (5 in atmosphere; JC)
Traits None
Skills Mechanical Engineering d4, Perception d6, Pilot d4, Technical Engineering d6
Armament None
Armour Wound 3, Stun 3
Description 28 x 9.5 x 18 feet; Crew 2;
Passengers 10;
Equipment DRADIS, electronic countermeasure support, decoys

The Raptor's primary function with the Colonial Defence Force is as an electronic
warfare platform. It scouts ahead of the fleet, accompanies Vipers and provides targeting
information and electronic counter measures (akin to the Prowler). Raptors can also carry
external munitions to assist Vipers against large targets. Its non-combat roles include
SAR (search and rescue) operations (akin to the SH-60 Seahawk) and transport of
military personnel in hostile areas. Raptors, like Vipers are capable of atmospheric
operations but unlike Vipers are also capable of short-range FTL jumps. Standard crew
includes a pilot and electronics countermeasure officer (ECM)[1].
It is designed for reconnaissance, scout operations, electronic countermeasures
supporting Vipers, marine assaults, ambulance, EVAC, and general transport.
It has a multitude of electronic countermeasure and monitoring tools including jamming
transmissions, scrambling signals of guided weapons, and Viper Identification friend or
foe operations.
As a scout it can operate independently or with other Raptors and Vipers using short
and medium-range scans to detect radio, heat, or other signatures from spacecraft, scanning planet surfaces for life, energy output, and mineral content and location,
scouting ahead and looking for hazards before its Battlestar takes an FTL jump, and search and rescue operations.
A Raptor can carry about eight to ten adults in addition to its two-person crew functioning as a transporter and can carry about eight marines including their
equipment as an assault vessel. The crew of a Raptor operate using their flight suits and helmets in order to ensure their protection in case of any hull breach causing
depressurization of its cabin.
It cannot takeoff from a Battlestar's launch tube like the Vipers because of its large size; it is launched from a flight pod instead. Battlestars carry squadrons of 8 to
10 Raptors and each Raptor is designated to a Viper squadron with two Raptors on reserve. The Raptors can fly in both atmosphere and space, but in order to
maintain lift in an atmosphere its engines must be constantly running which consumes more fuel. At low speeds, Raptors may experience poor handling."
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone has ever made Star Wars D6 stats for an electronic warfare/Airborne Warning And Control System type ship. Such a thing would be really useful for both the Empire and the Rebels.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the d6 holocron has quite a few stats listed for crossover stuff inc BSG..

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Colonial_Raptor_Class_Multipurpose_Ship
Bradywan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that garhkal!
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone has ever made Star Wars D6 stats for an electronic warfare/Airborne Warning And Control System type ship. Such a thing would be really useful for both the Empire and the Rebels.

I want to say there was a Y-Wing variant, and a TIE Bomber variant with electronic warfare purposes.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Y-wing long probe. Can't remember if i ever saw an ECW version of the Tie bomber anywhere though.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
I want to say there was a Y-Wing variant, and a TIE Bomber variant with electronic warfare purposes.

There is the TIE/ew that was stat'd on RPGGamer.org by FreddyB.

There is some wiki information listed at Star Wars Fanon for it as well.

TMK there is no official information about this TIE, it is strictly a fan starship.

garhkal wrote:
The Y-wing long probe. Can't remember if i ever saw an ECW version of the Tie bomber anywhere though.

I was not able to find any information about a Y-wing ECW capable ship but it makes sense for one of the two-seater variants. The Alliance fields, or at least does in Legends, the A-wing which has ECW capabilities. The longprobe is a recon craft and has no ECW or stealth capabilities.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the Longprobe's stats and there's nothing indicating any sort of electronic warfare package. It has stonger sensors than the standard Y-wing, but that's about it. The Longprobe is a recon fighter, not an electronic warfare package.

EDIT: In other words, what shootingwomprats said just before me.

EDIT 2: Huh, I never noticed before that in D6 stats, the A-Wing doesn't even have a concussion missile launcher like it did in the X-Wing and Tie Fighter video games. That's disappointing.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the A-wing, iirc there wre 2 models. One with the CM launchers, one with the ECM suite..
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
On the A-wing, IIRC, there were 2 models. One with the CM launchers, one with the ECM suite.

Oddly enough, when I search through the D20 to D6 ship conversion PDF, as well as the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, I only find the A-Wing with the ECM stats. I would have thought that the conversion document would at least have both versions.... Maybe I'll have to check the D20 books next.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this for an Imperial Ship.

For the Alliance, I picture something like a Sleuth with a couple EW pods strapped on.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for an SWU AWACS ship, my take on the subject is here.

I had initially pictured an Alliance ship as a variant of the Nu-Class Shuttle from the Clone Wars, but for the classic era, I've gravitated more toward a modified Theta-Class shuttle (Palpatine's transport in ROTS).

For the Empire, I decided to include the AEW function as an option in my previous post. My reasoning is that, while the Alliance has embraced independent starfighter operations (out of necessity), the Empire ties Star fighter operations much more closely to capital ship support. As such, my AEW TIE variant is a pod controlled by remote from the TIE's mothership, essentially just expanding that ship's sensor envelope. The TIE's pilot is little more than a chauffeur.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: