The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Scaling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Scaling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Scaling Reply with quote

What are thoughts about scaling of star wars 2ed r&e vs d6 space?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Neither.

LOL CrMcNeill don't be a turd. In all fairness CrM has been redoing scale for a while yet and has developed a good alternative, so he is a little biased. Pardon his grumpiness.

As for the difference between 2E R&E and OpenD6 Space. I like some of them but I am not much of a static number type of guy when it comes to Star Wars. So, though I like some, but not all, of the categorizations, its not really something I would pursue in my games.

Honestly it will come down to the kind of game and how much crunch/realism you want in it.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
LOL CrMcNeill don't be a turd. In all fairness CrM has been redoing scale for a while yet and has developed a good alternative, so he is a little biased. Pardon his grumpiness.

Hey, I have a reputation to maintain here! Wink

Quote:
As for the difference between 2E R&E and OpenD6 Space. I like some of them but I am not much of a static number type of guy when it comes to Star Wars. So, though I like some, but not all, of the categorizations, its not really something I would pursue in my games.

Honestly it will come down to the kind of game and how much crunch/realism you want in it.

My latest version actually includes both versions, with the scale classes adjusted to my liking. It gives a D modifier, ala 2R&E, but also includes a flat modifier for those instances where the D6 Space method is preferable. I can see situations where both would have their place.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:

Hey, I have a reputation to maintain here! Wink

Quote:

My latest version actually includes both versions, with the scale classes adjusted to my liking. It gives a D modifier, ala 2R&E, but also includes a flat modifier for those instances where the D6 Space method is preferable. I can see situations where both would have their place.

Cool, working on a D6 setting, I was looking at scale and I like the 2R&E for simplicity but I was working in D6.

Like yours aso a balance between smoother and to complex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: