The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Droids and Ewoks sourcebooks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Droids and Ewoks sourcebooks?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Droids and Ewoks sourcebooks? Reply with quote

I'm feeling senile. Weren't there sourcebooks for the Droids and Ewoks animated series floating around somewhere on the pit?

I can't seem to find 'em. Anybody got a lead?

Thanks!
-M.

Also: with so many new awesomesauce books floating around, methinks we should either update the "fan sourcebooks" thread, or make a new one. For science!
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember Womprat press was going to work on this.... However that may have been a joke that I missed becaus I read it at 3AM.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, his droids book is a for-real thing. Don has been working on it for ages. There are some other projects he's focusing on now, but IIRC he really wants and editor to help arrange the data in a reader-intuitive way. He'd asked me to do it, and I was able to start looking at the work, offer some notes, but then my life just got too crazy. (Something about two kids, three jobs, and a book I'm writing. Dunno why that would get in the way of my creative interests.)

But, I'm sure he wouldn't mind help in the project, so long as you're not likely to burn out. A lot of folks working on fan projects tend to do that.
Cap'nCodskale
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: In trouble again! Reply with quote

Though not for D6, I liked the write-up for the first DROIDS arc found in POLYHEDRON 170. Using that article as template, a 32-page, system-agnostic sourcebook for either series would be perfect for my purposes. Not that I haven't previously borrowed from the cartoons—Admiral Screed and Stormtroopers armed with blaster staves are perennial faves!

Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Droids sourcebook Reply with quote

Ahoy! First off, great illustration above, Cap'n.
Clean, strong linework, a great style that I wish would work its way into Star Wars comics proper.

Secondly, the Droid Sourcebook is still under way. I started pitching in,
with stat-blocks and editing over the summer. Character stat-blocks
have since been greatly expanded and the whole book is now (roughly)
1/2 edited, in terms of grammar/language, formatting and organization.

Somewhat on the back burner (again!) with RL deadlines looming for
the first few months of 2017, BUT with luck it'll get done in the near(ish) future!
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: In trouble again! Reply with quote

Cap'nCodskale wrote:
Though not for D6, I liked the write-up for the first DROIDS arc found in POLYHEDRON 170. Using that article as template, a 32-page, system-agnostic sourcebook for either series would be perfect for my purposes. Not that I haven't previously borrowed from the cartoons—Admiral Screed and Stormtroopers armed with blaster staves are perennial faves!

My son and I agree, thsts a awesome picture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: